It is a well-known truth that a happy workspace will build a productive workforce. To set off this idea, we came up with an infographic created by the Wrike team. In this infographics, you will know 13 Ways to Build a Happy and More Productive Workforce.
Happy workers are 31% more productive than sad, grumpy workers. With that stat incentive, here are 13 ideas for creating an atmosphere of fun and positivity in your organization.
1. Listen to Feedback and Show Action When you ask for feedback, listen. Show that you are acting on suggestions. Knowing that management is listening and taking feedback seriously increases the general positive vibe in your organization.
2. Give Them a Chance to Grow You will lose people if they fear their jobs are dead ends. It’s important to give everyone clear career paths and opportunities for ongoing education, online classes, webinar attendance, industry events, etc.
3. Support Remote Work & Flexible Schedules If you really want to attract top performers, you must allow for flexible schedules and remote work. This means you need an online system to track work (like Wrike!), and a protocol for communicating with remote workers so that projects run smoothly.
4. Give People Their Choice of Supplies & Tools Don’t skimp on supplies and give your people their choice of tools, whether it’s Mac vs. Windows, a standing desk, floor mat, or dual monitors. Allowing them to pick their tools helps them be more productive right away, and they’ll love working on a machine they picked themselves.
5. Give Them Unlimited PTO You’re hiring intelligent, capable adults, right? Then allow them to take time off without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. Unlimited PTO is prevalent in startup companies, particularly in the tech industry. But even non-startups have switched to unlimited PTO precisely because it creates a massive amount of goodwill.
6. Give Them Top-Tier Benefits You won’t attract and retain star performers with meager benefits packages unless you’re a struggling startup with a killer product and vision that everyone’s sure will make it big. The quality of your benefits shows how much you value your people. Make them as substantial as possible!
7. Give Them Unlimited Coffee (and Snacks) Coffee and snacks are probably the simplest way to please your team. But please try giving them good coffee and healthy snacks, okay?
Infographic brought to you by Wrike project management and issue tracking software