The invention of the television provided the ultimate solution to boredom and opened a stable source for entertainment for everyone. However, many of the most popular TV channels are exclusive to people living in the United States (US). For people living outside the country, this means they’re unable to access these channels.
Even if you live in the United States and have unrestricted access, you can’t carry your tv with you every time you travel outside the country. And if you could, you may still not be able to watch your favourite channels without an online connection.
If you’re living outside the United States and looking for ways to watch USA exclusive channels, read on for tips on how to watch online.
1. Register For A Virtual Private Network VPN Service
A Virtual Private Network is one of the easiest and safest means of watching your US exclusive channels if you’re not based in the US. Its streaming abilities are second to none, and it also ensures your privacy. You don’t have to be scared of being hacked.
For instance, if you want to watch CBC in the USA , use a reliable VPN that can mask your IP address and make your physical location invisible on the internet. This means that the site administrators won’t notice whenever you log in, and even if they do, it changes your location to the United States.
A VPN does not only allow you to stream your favourite exclusive channels, but it also gives you access to watch other channels in different regions. With a VPN, you can even connect your device with a public WIFI and save data costs.
However, you should always ensure you’re purchasing or subscribing to a high-quality and powerful VPN to guarantee access and protection. Using a low-quality VPN can reveal your location or IP address to the site administrators and expose you to security threats.
2. Select Your Operating System And Launch The Application
After you’ve registered your VPN, you’ll need to choose the particular operating system you will use. The operating system you choose is practically dependent on the devices you’re using. You can choose between an Android operating system, an IOS, or a Windows operating system.
Once you choose your operating system, the next thing is to download your VPN application, install the app, and launch it.
3. Select Your Favorite Channel
Once you’ve launched the application, getting your popcorn ready because you’re almost done. The next thing you need is to just choose your favourite channel. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on the button that will reveal the list of countries you can watch from. In the list, you will see the United States. You can click on the United States to either have access to the fastest streaming servers around you or reveal specific countries you can join.
- Change the not connected button of the VPN to connected. This will give you access to join the US server you decided to connect with.
- You can select the app you want to use to Livestream or watch your channel. You may likely get two reactions. The first reaction is to see an instant connection with your app or channels. The second reaction is to observe a little delay in the connection process. Anyway, the most important thing is that now you can watch your favourite USA exclusive channel online. Distance is no longer a big deal.
Aside from the above, it’s important to note that you’re not restricted to using VPN alone if you want to watch exclusive channels outside the US. There are other provisions, such as the Smart DNS proxies. To use a smart DNS, you have to register for a Smart DNS service.
Like using a VPN, you choose your device. Your device could be an Android phone using an Android operating system, or iPhone or MacBook using an iOS. Go to your WIFI network setting, and click on the advanced settings. Click on static for the IP settings and start editing the details. You then enter the DNS servers manually. The final step is to select your favourite channels and watch.
As long as you have a stable internet connection and the right tools, there’s no excuse to miss US exclusive channels anymore. With your Android or iOS devices, you can always watch on the go, even if you’re not in the US. All you have to do is use your VPN or your smart DNS proxies to log in, and you can stream all your favourite content and channels.