Technology has been through a period of unprecedented growth over the last few years. Today technology has been incorporated into almost every industry. It is everywhere, from computers to smartphones, smart cars, satellites, and advanced medical devices.
It is no surprise that many savvy investors and the general public alike have their eyes on the industry. Ideally, the technology sector is made of businesses that promote and sell their products and services in software, hardware, computers, Artificial Intelligence, electronics, and other technology-related industries.
This sector involves some companies boasting the vastest capitalizations around the globe, such as Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), Apple Inc. (AAPL), Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), just to mention a few.
Naturally, most investors looking for technology investments go for tech-based companies operating in more than one technological field. All the same, the definition of a tech company and the merits that come with learning to invest in one always vary. It is, therefore, crucial for all investors to take note and keep up with the constant new changes. Most importantly, choose to invest in tech stocks that are geared towards growth, value, and momentum to be safe. That said, the following technology investments recorded excellent performance in 2020 and could really pay off in the next ten years:
It is among the most robust and fastest-growing consumer technology companies. Ideally, the company generates approximately 40 percent of its total revenue from its American customer base and sources the other 60 percent globally. To most people, Apple is widely known for its incredible product— the iPhone series. The company also produces and sells computers, smartwatches, televisions, tablets, automobile informatics systems, and provides a wide range of services. Suffice to say; this company has gained massive traction in the industry thanks to its reputable brand name and consistent production of sleek and top-quality products. That said, the company can sell its products and services at premium costs, generate incredible margins and still maintain a broad customer network both domestically and internationally.
Recently on July 27, Apple announced its quarterly earnings generated during the third quarter of 2021. To say that the company performed well would be an understatement. For instance, the company’s earnings per share were at 1.30, exceeding their expected value of 1.01. On the other hand, the revenue was at $81.4 billion, which was way more than the $73.30 billion expected.
CDK Global Inc. (CDK)
This technology company offers integrated data and a wide range of technological solutions to the heavy equipment, automotive, heavy truck, and recreation industries.
Ideally, they strive to help Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and automotive dealers optimize, improve and modernize their operations. In June, CDK Global Inc. company successfully acquired Roadster Inc., a digital platform dealing with car sales. Resultantly, the company received approximately $360 million for this recent acquisition.
Today, GDK Global Inc. proudly serves just about 30000 local retail clients, a customer base likely to keep burgeoning by the years.
Intel Corp (INTC)
Intel designs produce and sells computer accessories and other related products. Their products include chipsets, processors, wireless connectivity accessories, server products, Ethernet products, memory, and storage, to mention but a few. All these products are designed and created to meet the needs of both traditional and evolving computing technologies such as smart homes, autonomous driving, 5G networks, edge computing, cloud computing, and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Recently, the company celebrated its newly acquired contract with the US Department of Defense (DoD) to design commercial foundry services designated to the first stages of DoD’s RAMP-C (Rapid Assured Motorelectronics Prototypes) program. Going by the terms of their contract, Intel will design a commercial semiconductor foundry system that will be based in the US.
The technology will be used to design and manufacture state-of-the-art customized integrated circuits and render other services to the DoD. The company’s foundry system, established in the recent past, will oversee all the operations. Today, Intel has employed just about 110600 people and is growing to even greater heights.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD)
It is a global semiconductor company that sells chipsets, x86microprocessors, and development services. They also provide Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and other top-notch graphics, computing, and visualization technologies.