The Android is particularly the center of attraction for most of the smartphone lovers. The Android has removed the all the barriers to the user to use a smartphone in a most simplified and easy way. Recently Google has revealed the Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is one of the Google’s most significant update for the Android with brand new design and features. If you want to know about all new features and complete details of Android 5.0 Lollipop please read our simplified article below.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Features
Our very first observation is its Material Design. It is beautiful, fluid responsive and gives intuitive experience to the users. The material design is bold and delivers natural motions and realistic lighting elements including shadows.
To keep your device safe the Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with all latest security features. It has SELinux enforcing technology for all apps for protection againist malware and other hacking techniques. New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
The developers has taken the connectivity modes to the next level in Lollipop. Android 5.0 Lollipop users will not face any connectivity issues related to poor Wi-Fi strength. When the device detects lost in internet connection via Wi-Fi and to automatically switch to mobile data to make sure the connection is active. The Bluetooth is also updated with BLE (Bluetooth low energy) to save more power when Bluetooth is on.
A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins. The device shows the estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in. It also shows the estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found in battery settings.
Lollipop has added new ways of controlling your device with improved Notificaation panel. User can view and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. For the entertainment purpose incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing with the device. You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing.
Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and prioritize or turn off the app’s notifications entirely.
More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
New Quick Settings
- Get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
- New handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls
- Easier on/off toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location
- Manually adjust your brightness for certain conditions. Then, adaptive brightness will kick in based on ambient lighting
Runtime and Performance
- A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience
- ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness
- Up to 4x performance improvements
- Smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications
- Compacting backgrounded apps and services so you can do more at once
- Support for 64 bit devices, like the Nexus 9, brings desktop class CPUs to Android
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores
- Shipping 64-bit native apps like Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music, and more
- Pure Java language apps run as 64-bit apps automatically
- Support for living room devices
- User interface adapted for the living room
- Less browsing, more watching with personalized recommendations for content like movies and TV shows
- Voice search for Google Play, YouTube and supported apps so you can just say what you want to see
- Console-style Android gaming on your TV with a gamepad
- Cast your favorite entertainment apps to your big screen with Google Cast support for Android TV devices
- Bolder graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
- Lower latency audio input ensuring that music and communication applications that have strict delay requirements provide an amazing realtime experience
- Multi-channel audio stream mixing means professional audio applications can now mix up to eight channels including 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- USB Audio support means you can plug USB microphones, speakers, and a myriad of other USB audio devices like amplifiers and mixers into your Android device
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance
- A range of new professional photography features for Android Lollipop that let you
- Capture full resolution frames around 30 fps
- Support raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW
- Control capture settings for the sensor, lens, and flash per individual frame
- Capture metadata like noise models and optical information
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities
- Boost text contrast or invert colors to improve legibility
- Adjust display to improve color differentiation
Finally, OK Google
- Easy access to information and performing tasks
- Even if your screen is off, you can say “OK Google” on devices with digital signal processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
- Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Ringtones and Wallpapers
Latest Happenings In Android-Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 9, Nexus 6 And Nexus Player