To preserve the intricate image qualities of a design, graphic designers have embraced the use of vector software like Adobe Illustrator over conventional graphic design software like Adobe Photoshop. The resultant effect then appears to be that designers versed in using software like Photoshop to design need to convert their designs to vector designs to preserve its quality.
How? Let’s find out.
If you have a PNG image, find out how to convert PNG to Vector.
Convert PSD to Vector Using Photoshop
Launch the Adobe Photoshop Software on your computer.
- Open the PSD file you’d like to convert to vector and draw a path around the objects in the PSD file. Use the “Magic Wand Tool” or any of the “Lasso Tool” from the toolbar to trace the image.
- Navigate to and click the “Paths” work palette in the mid-lower right side of your screen > click the “Make Work Path From Selection” button, and your selection will be turned to paths.
- Navigate to the “File” menu > click “Export” > Select “Paths” > enter a new file name and choose a destination folder > Click “Save”.
Convert PSD to Vector using Free Online Converters
- Visit OnlineConvert – Click the “Choose File” button and select the PSD file from your computer > Hit the “Convert” button and download your vector files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit AutoTracer – Click “Choose File” and select your PSD files you’d like to convert to vector SVG > choose “SVG Scalable Vector Graphics” as the output format > Click the “Start” button and download your converted files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit Vectorization – Navigate to and click the “Choose File” button and select your PSD files > under the “Output format” section, choose “SVG” > hit “Start” and download the converted files.
- Visit AConvert – Click the “Choose File” button > select your PSD files > select “SVG” as target format from the drop down menu > enter an image size if you so desire > click the “Convert Now!” button to begin the conversion. Download your converted files when the conversion is ready.
- Visit CloudConvert – Navigate to and click the “Select Files” button > choose your PSD files > click on “Start Conversion” and download your files when the conversion is complete.
Convert using reaConverter Software
Download and install reaConverter from here. Launch the software.
- Click the “Add files” button at the top-left corner of the program’s screen and select your PSD files.
- Navigate to and Click the “Savings Option” tab > choose a destination folder for your EPS files, then click “Save”.
- Navigate to the bottom, and under the “Convert to” section, click the “+” button and select “EPS” as the format to convert to.
- Click the “Start” button to the bottom-right corner of the screen and your PSD files will be converted to EPS.