Xiaomi Yi 2 is the second camera in the Yi series, which is a sub-brand of Xiaomi. Yi 2 is a 4K camera and available for a cheap price in this range. It also supports multiple video resolution. There are two versions of Yi 2 available. The two versions are Chinese (CN Mainland) version and International version. The Chinese version only supports the Chinese language. For buyers who don’t know Chinese language, it is advisable to buy the international version.
Yi 2 4K Camera Review: Design and Build
Yi 2 has a simplistic design. It has only one button to operate. It is also light weighted with just 96grams. It is very compact to handle with one hand as well as both hands. On the top side, Yi 2 has a power button which also acts as shutter and recording button and LED indicator. The speaker and microphones are also found on the top side. On the front side, it has a 7-glass 155-degree wide angle lens and LED battery or recording indicator.
On the left side, there is a USB port. On the back side, a 2.19-inch LCD touchscreen is available. At the bottom, battery, tripod socket and memory card slot are provided.
Yi 2 has a big list of features.
- Ambarella A9SE75 chipset
- 7 layer optical glass lens with f/2.8 aperture
- 19-inch LCD touchscreen with 640 x 360 pixel and 330ppi pixel density
- Powered by a 1400mAh battery. With full charge of a battery, Yi 2 can record 4K videos for 120 minutes.
- Nine different modes with individual settings for each mode. Photo, Video, Timer, Burst mode, Time Lapse Photo, Time Lapse Video, Slow Motion, Loop, Video with Photo
- Field of View settings to adjust the 155-degree angle – Wide, Medium and Narrow
- Electronic Image Stabilization feature
- ISO Sensor
- Auto Low Light
- Metering Mode
- WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
Camera Image and Video Quality
Yi 2 has many resolution settings for both Video and Photo. Check the various resolution settings below.
- Image Resolution – 12MP, 8MP, 7MP, 5MO.
- Video Resolution –
- 4K (3840 x 2160pixels) with 30 and 25 fps
- 5k (2560x1920piels) with 30 and 25 fps
- 1440p (1920 x 1440pixels) with 60, 50, 30 and 25 fps
- 1080p (1920 x 1080pixels) with 120, 100, 60, 50, 30 and 25 fps
- 960p (1280 x 960pixels) with 120, 100, 60 and 50 fps
- 720p (1280 x 720pixels) with 240 and 200 fps
- 480p (848 x 480pixels) with 240 and 200 fps
Yi 2 has a great advantage with the list of resolution settings for both video and photo mode. We have checked the photos and videos posted by the users in the online community. It is completely stunning. It is one of the best 4K cameras in the market, in terms of the Photo and Video quality.
Yi 2 only costs around $250 in the market. This is only half the price of Sony cameras of the same range. Yi 2 is giving a tough fight to other high-quality 4K cameras. The missing HDMI port could be the main con of Yi 2. Otherwise, we didn’t found any negative comments anywhere. Yi 2 is also available for $199 for a short period of time in online store.