In the recent past, you must have been looking at mobile devices with AI inside them. So what exactly is Artificial Intelligence, as we know the mobile devices are machines, and by default, these machines are designed to do what they are instructed to in a particular function, and hence their response will be fixed.
With Artificial Intelligence we are giving these machines a brain of their own i.e. designing the machines in such a way where they can think. In future researchers are also trying to input an emotional aspect into them. If this is going to exist in the future then we are going to have many pros and cons of the same, let us have a look at what they are going to be like.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence
- As we are going deep inside artificial intelligence we are making a particular machine more intelligent to get the most accurate results/answers as per the situation. This will result in greater precision and the results will have better accuracy hence with AI the machines will get as smart as a person to modify the pre-fitted formula according to a particular case.
- AI is recently introduced in CCTV camera’s, in Japan. They named the camera as “AI Guardman”. These cameras have been developed by Japanese company NTT Tech and a startup named Earth Eyes. This AI based camera can spoilers and thieves based on the database it learned from. In the future, we can expect this technology around us, and it will protect us from various security issue caused by the people.
- AI embedded robots can make way to space explorations, as in the outer space it is either too cold, or too hot, and if this is the case normal humans cannot go there, while if a robot is gone, and he is not programmed to take the right decision if any extra-terrestrial objects hit him, then with AI he will be able to do the same.
- With all the AI embedded robots we can reach the areas where the humans cannot reach. This way we will have more knowledge about the place we live in without any extra effort.
- Currently, as the robots are not much intelligent hence we are handcuffed about their use, suppose for example in a car assembly line many things are done via robots. Those works are already predefined and will not change in any case. But there are few things which are done via human as those can vary according to a particular car, and hence these pain taking task are need to be done via human.
- Currently, as we have started to see AI inside the smartphones, soon we are going to get personalized suggestions from the mobile phones, where the smartphone will even tell out errors in hing–lish which is a combination of Hindi and English. Even the applications like Siri, GPS, maps and other things will enable you to have faster routes.
- Banks will be embedded with AI-based machines where most of the customer intervention work will be done by them. This will make the work of the customer faster, and even will let the bank employees do the backend work without much of a headache.
- AI-based robots can help the people in depression to recover, and with time they can become accurate and much better based on the previous responses of previously depressed peoples.
- In the future, we are expecting highly intelligent robots with case solving abilities. AI enabled robots can sense the suspect by using its sensing abilities and other deep checking technology (They don’t know the human emotions, sensitivity towards people and judge them based on evidence) like which humans don’t have.
- Another interesting thing is surgeries, a humanoid robot can perform critical surgeries, and they can take quick decisions during operation. The quick decision is based on the previous case studies, success ratio, possibility and much more factors. Hence, the success rate is much higher when a robot performs the surgery.
- Recently developed Google AI can predict the death with an accuracy rate of 95%.
Expected Innovations in future based on AI
- By collection the huge data from criminals and their facial expressions, an AI can develop the possible technology that can detect the criminal by just seeing the face.
- A complete humanoid robot classroom where a robot teaches the subjects to humans.
- A lawyer and judge both are robots with AI technology. It can save huge money and the case solving time will be much quicker.
- An AI-based robot can handle better in customer care relation than humans. It can answer any query you ask with patience. Whereas humans sometimes get irritation while answering the queries of users. AI can easily remember the case studies and solutions for problems better than humans.
- An AI-based Politicians selection makes much difference and good governance to the citizens.
As we know that nothing can have 100% pros and 100% cons, so now let us have a look at the disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence.
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence based machines work beyond their hardware is supposed to, say for example if a particular machine is designed to be working in a particular way, but with the help of AI the machine does a bit more or a bit less, then it will hamper the hardware, hence the maintenance cost will be more as compared to previous hardcoded machines.
- Now almost every big company using AI technology to create more useful products for their customers.
- AI programs are not easy to write and customize and hence with the requirements when all the different machines need to be coded we will have to code them all. With these codes being tough developers will demand more and more money, which will surely increase the cost of the AI-based robots in the first phase.
- The human brain is a gift of God, and replicating the same cannot be right with our ethics and moral values. As there are researches about human robots which will look and work exactly like humans. But as the intelligence i.e. the brain, is a gift of nature and replicating the same we might be inviting difficulties to yourself.
- A human brain is still 10000 times faster and more accurate than the fastest machine in the world. Hence even if the machines get the intelligence the storage, access, and retrieval will not be as effective as a human brain. Hence even with experience, the machines are not going to have enough maturity and speed as a human can have.
- Creativity is again a god’s gift, and any machine cannot replicate the same. Hence when it comes to a creative mind, an employee will only be doing the same, not any Artificial Intelligence equipped machine. Humans with their previous knowledge can take much better decisions and at a much faster rate as compared to that of any machine.
- When all the different kind of robots will be manufactured the need of actual employees will decline which will surely bring unemployment to a whole new level. These thinking machines will result in taking places of more than 10 people and hence with an investment of every 1 machine, the salary of 10 employees will be saved.
- If you remember the movie Robot where the Artificial Intelligence is in the hand of an evil machine, that way the whole world will be in trouble due to the same.
- Facebook killed an AI that came up with its own language. According to some reports on the Internet, Facebook created AI, which is using English for learning suddenly came up with own language. The researchers on the project reportedly shut down the A.I. because the language used by AI is not understandable to humans.
- Finally, they are unpredictable in some cases.
Currently, the AI is in the early stage, and hence commenting about those will not be good and healthy. As with the time AI grows we will be able to say where exactly the particular thing must go, not only the right path, but in case the technology proofs to be extra dangerous then Artificial Intelligence might see its stages over soon, and new technologies coming ahead.
What do you think about AI? Do you have any confusion on the same or any suggestion? Do let us know in the comment section below, so we can solve all your queries.