The action camera gimbal comes with a reliable app and impeccable performance. Do you know it now comes with quick-release mount features?
The new quick-release mount feature has its unique pros and cons. But that doesn’t mean you are not buying this robust product as it offers several benefits. Let us discuss the powerful features and functions of the iSteady Pro 4 camera. We have personally analyzed that the mounts work well. However, a slight misalignment can be seen that may make the video capturing motion sick. But you get eye-catching footage shot by Hohem iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal Camera. Let us share our points of view regarding this robust product.
- You can quickly mount, release, and move the Camera through mounting clips.
- It comes with water resistivity (IPX4 splash resistivity)
- Keep on charging while shooting.
- It comes with the iSteady 5.0 algorithm.
- The Camera works on 3-Axis stabilization.
- You can use 3-Axis controls & modes.
- It comes with an extension screw hole in the middle of the gripper.
- Product brand: Hohem
- Payload capacity: Not specified
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Battery Life: 3800mAh
- Product weight: 365 grams
- Size: H = 51mm D = 30mm
- Camera range: Pan = 600°, Roll = 320°, Tilt = 320°
iSteady Pro 4 Pros:
- Quickly mounting cameras
- It supports most action cameras
- Battery life is approximately 3 hours (Gimbal + Camera)
- App connectivity and exciting features
- The Gimbal has an indicator of battery on the side
- It provides controls to GoPro
- It has anti-shake technology
- Quick adjustments
- Comes with case
iSteady Pro 4 Cons:
- You need GoPro to connect cameras
- You can not fold down its Gimbal like other similar products
- The Camera has a large screen that is obstruction from the back
- Modes like remote starts, stop, recording, and more are doable with GoPro
Hohem iSteady Pro 4 – A Performance Product (Overview)
While using this product, we observed it’s one of the cheapest and quickest ways to set up your action camera for better video quality. We have checked the camera performance while walking. Guess what! It gave us better quality videos while walking, running, and in artistic motions.
While shooting with iSteady Pro 4, we got the best cinematic look! And the main thing is it needs only specific movements and slight adjustments.
The Package Includes:
We didn’t even know it would come home with everything we needed for the setup and connection when we ordered. The product package has everything you want to set up the Gimbal and connect with cameras. Here is what it includes.
- iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal itself
- One extended handle
- One mini tripod
- USB charging cables for your Gimbal (type A to C)
- Three charging cables for cameras (type C and Micro/Mini USB)
- A case to carry everything
The Design Of iSteady Pro 4:
The Gimbal is black with a base manufacturing material, high-performance composite plastic. It makes the overall weight light and carryable. The product looks rich in design with aesthetic looks and feels luxurious with quality.
Even though the base material is a high-performance composite plastic, it’s tough enough to sustain thrusts and impact. So, the design is robust. You can use it in the rain due to its water-resistant properties.
What’s The Best Thing?
You don’t have to use any screws to mount the Camera. Instead, it comes with a flexible arm to clip the Camera. Once done, it’s easy to disconnect the Camera if you want to remove the action camera. Moreover, it comes with an anti-shake algorithm to stabilize the Camera.
The Gimbal lets you use multiple modes. You can also use the mode button to switch among modes. The following are modes that Gimbal supports.
- POV Mode:- in this mode, you can keep the Camera stabilized because the pan, roll motors, and tilt work in the background.
- Motion Timelapse:- You can record traffic, movements, and clouds without even monitoring shoots.
- Trigger-Button Sport Mode:- You can record some fast-moving objects like athletes running.
- Pan 360-Degree Rotation:- It has a pan motor to rotate 360 degrees. So, you can take some Inception-style shots.
Set Up iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal:
It is not mandatory, but you have to use a Hohem Gimbal App to make minor changes and adjustments in your setup. For example, you can change the angle, tilt your Camera, and do other movements through your mobile. All you have to do is to keep both connected to Bluetooth.
We don’t say it’s simple to mount an action camera. So, using Gimbal is one of the best ways to do it quickly. You can unclip the bar to slide your action camera. It doesn’t even take more than 30 seconds to finish the stabilization and get ready to shoot.
Things To Consider While Setting Up:
It would be best to not turn on the Gimbal before letting the Camera be correctly mounted. Once it is properly mounted, you can see the Camera quickly aligning without any issues.
iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal is itself straightforward, considering its controls. However, you must read all instructions carefully before using the Gimbal and mountain cameras. There is a lot to keep in mind and understand from instructions.
The product comes with the latest iSteady 5.0 (anti-shake algorithm). This technology is enough to provide a better quality stabilization while shooting your essential shots. Of course, it also gives a bobbing effect in its z-axis like any other Gimbals. There are lots of improvements with this new technology and stabilization processing.
It has an advanced connectivity option, but you require GoPro. Moreover, it comes with app connectivity to connect Hohem app quickly. Once you are done connecting, it lets you use some advanced controls, keyframing, settings to customize, and more.
We are summarizing the review with only one sentence. Hohem iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal is everything you need to have for mounting action cameras. It comes with quick setups processes to mount and unmount cameras, automatic algorithm-based stabilization, and different operating modes. Hence, if you want a value for money product with advanced features, you can try iSteady Pro 4 Gimbal.