A company that offers cloud storage is Google Drive. On this site, users can store and retrieve their data without paying anything. It is also available to you as a feature of the Google Workspace plan.
It quickly syncs all of the user’s connected devices (mobile, tablets, and PCs) with all the saved files, including documents, images, and videos.
This article is for you if you’re unsure how to upload to Google Drive. Here, we’ll go over several ways to upload files to Google Drive using a computer or a mobile device.
How Do I Upload Files From a Computer to Google Drive?
Any online browser on your computer (Windows or Mac) may access Google Drive, and you can then easily begin uploading files to both private and shared folders. To do that, take these actions:
- If it doesn’t open your G Drive account, go to drive.google.com from any web browser and log in.
- A New button is located beneath the Drive logo on the left side of the page. Toggle it on.
- To upload a single file, select File Upload.
- Enter the location of the file on your computer and choose it. Also possible is the simultaneous selection of numerous files.
- The screen’s bottom left corner will display the status of each additional file’s upload.
How Can Folders Be Upload To Google Drive?
Additionally, Google Drive allows for batch uploads of entire folders. Follow these instructions to upload folders to G Drive.
- From your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Select the New button in the top left corner.
- Decide on Folder Upload.
- From its location, select the folder you want to upload. You must wait to upload several folders at a time.
- G Drive will question you if you’re uploading the folder’s many files from a reliable source because it contains several files. Press Upload.
- The number of files in that folder will show you how the upload is progressing.
How to Upload from Android to Google Drive?
Here is the process for uploading files to Google Drive on an Android device.
- On your phone, launch the Google Drive app.
- On the lower right, tap the Plus icon.
- Click Upload.
- Locate and choose the files you wish to upload.
- The files will be accessible in My Drive once they have been uploaded.
How Do You Upload Files That Have the Same Name?
When you upload a file with the same name, Google Drive often treats it as an updated version of the file that already exists there. To split the two files:
- Open the Google Drive application
- Using the above procedure, upload a file from the computer
- Choose to Keep it as a separate file when requested
After learning how to post to Google Drive, keeping track of your key files and folders shouldn’t be too challenging. Use one of the aforementioned techniques to easily upload files or folders.
Remember that the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection both affect how long it takes to upload a file or folder to Google Drive.