NordVPN doesn’t need any introduction in the VPNverse. Yes, it is a very popular VPN service with strong security, safety, and privacy. It offers the most premium features of a VPN at an affordable price. This VPN is also popular for its number of servers worldwide.
Another interesting feature of NordVPN is its platform compatibility. Many popular VPN services face hiccups when supporting multiplatform installation. NordeVPN is flexible enough to work with Linux and also with routers.
When it comes to installing and configuring NordVPN on Linux, it offers great flexibility and ease. In this article, you will learn how to install NordVPN on Linux to keep your device secure online.
A special attraction of NordVPN:
I want to discuss some special attractions of NordVPN before going to read about the Linux installation tutorial.
- NordVPN can easily bypass online censorship.
- It can secure public WiFi networks when you connect to them while traveling.
- Private browsing is bliss with NordVPN.
- Booking sites show discrimination in different countries. You can save money while booking flight and hotel tickets online with NordVPN.
- It hides your IP address and protects you from scammers and hackers.
Bye-bye to Online Censorship:
Governments around the world are very strict in their laws, telling Internet service providers to block certain apps or social media platforms. This effect works on both social media and Google search results.
Few countries control their search results for their people by creating their own cyberspace. The technique they are using will work only within their border premises by controlling the ISPs.
You can easily unblock it by using a strong VPN service on your device. Once you connect your device with a VPN service, it can take care of the rest of the process and will show natural organic search results in search engines.
Another sad part of the Internet is video censorship. Most of the content on OTT platforms is strictly restricted in many countries.
How to I install NordVPN on Linux?
Here are the detailed steps of installing NordVPN on Linux based machine.
- Open Terminal: Launch the terminal on your Linux system.
- Installation: Enter commands to install NordVPN. For example, on Ubuntu or Debian-based systems, use ‘sudo apt update’ followed by ‘sudo apt install nordvpn’. For other distributions, the commands might vary.
- Login: After installation, log in to your NordVPN account by typing ‘nordvpn login’.
- Connect to a Server: To connect to a server, type ‘nordvpn connect’. If you want a specific server, use ‘nordvpn connect <country/server>’. For instance, ‘nordvpn connect UK’.
- Check Status: To verify the connection status, type ‘nordvpn status’.
- Disconnect: When done, disconnect using ‘nordvpn disconnect’.
Please note, that the specific commands or steps might slightly differ based on the Linux distribution you’re using and the version of NordVPN available for that distribution. It’s advisable to refer to NordVPN’s official documentation for more detailed and accurate instructions.