What would it cost you to convert a wmv file to mp4? A few dollars perhaps, or more especially if you hire someone to do that for you? How about if I show you some cool ways to do that for free?
Here’s a rundown of some simple ways to convert your wmv videos to mp4.
Convert WMV to MP4 using Movavi Video Converter
Download and install the Movavi Video Converter from here. For your Windows or Mac PC. Launch the software.
- Navigate to and click the “Add Media” button > select “Add Video” to add the wmv files you want to convert to mp4.
- Under the Video Tab, choose “MP4” as the format you’d like to convert to, then choose a destination folder by clicking the “Folder” button.
- Hit the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner of the screen to start the conversion process.
Convert using free online video converters
- Visit ZamZar. Click the “Browse Now” button to select your wmv file > then choose mp4 on the “choose the format to convert your file to” section > enter your email address to receive the download link > click “Convert”. Download your files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit ConvertIO. Navigate to and click the “From Computer” link on the red bar to select your wmv files > Click the “Convert” button, then download your files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit CloudConvert. Click on the “Select Files” button and choose the files from your computer > Click the “Start Conversion” button to begin conversion. Download your files upon completion of the conversion process.
- Visit OnlineConvert. Navigate to and click on the “Choose Files” button and select your wmv files > Click the “Convert file” button. Download the converted file.
Convert using Handbrake on your PC
Download and install the Handbrake software for Windows or Mac from here, then launch it.
- Navigate to and click on the “Source” tab below the menu bar > select “File” and choose the wmv file you’d like to convert to mp4
- Under the “Destination” section, Click the “Browse” button and choose a name and destination folder for your converted file.
- Select “MP4” as output format under the “Output Section”.
- Click on the “Start” tab under the menu bar to begin conversion.
Convert using IQmango Video Converter
Download and install the software from here, then launch it.
- Navigate to and click on “Output Format” and select “MP4” > Drag the “Quality Slider” to the end for 100% quality.
- Under the “Output folder” section, select your destination folder.
- Navigate to and click the “Add file” button, and choose your wmv file. The conversion starts immediately.
Convert using VLC Media Player
Download and install VLC Media Player from here, then launch it.
- Navigate to and click the “Media” menu > select “Convert/Save” > Click on the “File” tab, then select Add > choose your wmv files > Click the “Open” button and click “Convert/Save”.
- Under the “Profile” section, select the “Video – H.264 + mp3 (MP4)” option > then choose a destination folder under the “Destination” section.
- Hit the “Start” button and relax while your file gets converted. Check the destination folder when the conversion is complete.
Want to learn how to convert Mkv to mp4?