A couple of years back, Video CDs were the most sought after home electronic gadgets in the market, but fast-forward to a few years, and you’ll realize that they have been overtaken by other devices. But that doesn’t mean you cannot watch your favorite movies from your Video CDs anymore. Of course, you can if you convert the DAT files which your Video CDs are recorded into popular formats like mp4.
Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to convert your DAT files to Avi.
Convert DAT File to AVI using free online conversion tools
- Visit VideoOnlineConvert. Click the “Choose File” button and select your file > Hit the “Convert file” button down the page to begin conversion > Download your mp4 videos.
- Visit AConvert. Click the “Choose Files” button > leave every other thing as they were and click the “Convert Now” button.
Convert using Free DAT to AVI Software
Download and install the converter, then launch it.
- Click the “Add Files” button to the right of the screen and choose your data files.
- Under the “Convert” button, choose “to AVI” as the format you want the DAT files to be converted to.
- Click the “Convert” button and relax. Upon completion, right-click on the converted files and select “Browse Destination Folder” to view your files.
Convert using FAASoft DAT File Converter
Download and install the file converter from here. Launch it after installation.
- Navigate to the “File” menu and click the “Add files” button, then select your DAT
- Choose “Avi” as the output format from the “Profile” section.
- Click the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner of the screen to begin the conversion.
Convert using Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Download and install the Apowersoft VCS, and launch it after installation.
- Click on the “Add Files” button and select your DAT file.
- Under the “Profile” section, choose “MP4 – HD” as the format to convert to > then choose a destination folder under the “Output” section.
- Click “Convert” by the bottom right corner of your screen to begin the conversion. The mp4 files will be saved into the destination folder when the conversion is complete.
One more thing…
If perhaps you have don’t want to convert the DAT file to any format and you simply want to play it on your computer, download and install the VLC Media Player from Video LAN’s website.
- Locate the DAT video you’d like to watch and right-click on it > select “Open With” then choose “VLC Media Player”.