Created under unrestricted software patents by Xiph.org, the OGG file may not be so popular like the mp3, but in spite of its unpopularity, it has the leeway to hold all kinds of compression formats, which is why many still prefer files in the OGG format.
There are quite a couple of ways to convert the Mp3 file format to OGG.
Let’s find out how!
Convert MP3 to OGG using the Audio Converter Chrome Web Store App
Utilize the free services of this converter for your mp3 to OGG conversions. Add the Audio Converter app to your Google Chrome Browser from the web store.
- Navigate to and click the “Apps” button at the top left corner of the bookmark bar on your Google Chrome browser.
- Locate and click the “Audio Converter” and a web page will load.
- Click the “Open Files” button and choose the mp3 files from your computer > choose “OGG” under the number 2 section.
- Drag the quality slider to your desired position and hit the “Convert” button below it.
- Wait for conversion to be completed and download your file.
Convert using free online mp3 to OGG converters
There are tons of free online converters to choose from such as the following…
- Visit FilesConversion. Click the “Select a file” button and choose your mp3 files from your computer > then choose “Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)” as the format to convert to under the “Convert to” section > Click “Convert” > Download your files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit ConvertIO. Navigate to and click the “From Computer” link on the red bar on the page and select the mp3 files you want to convert to OGG from your computer > Click the “Convert” button and wait for your files to convert > Select “Download” to download your files.
- Visit MediaIO. Click the “Select Files to Upload” button and choose the mp3 files from your computer > Under “Output Format”, click on the “OGG (.ogg files)” > Then, select the quality of the output file > Click the “Convert” button and download your files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit Zamzar. Navigate to and click the “Choose Files…” button on step 1 and select your mp3 files > choose “OGG” as the format to convert to in step 2 > enter your email address in step 3 to receive the download link > Click the “Convert” button in step 4.
- Visit OnlineConvert. Click the “Choose File” button to select your mp3 file > Click the “Convert file” button and download your OGG files when the conversion is complete.
Download and install the converter from here, then launch it.
- Navigate to the “File” menu > select “Import” > “Add Audio Files” to choose your mp3 files.
- Under the “Audio” category at the panel on the bottom of the screen, select “OGG” as format type to convert to.
- Choose an output folder from the “Output” section
- Click the “Convert” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to begin conversion. Check the output folder you chose for the converted file when the conversion is complete.