Used extensively by many people to compress their files because of their lossless data compression features, the RAR and ZIP archive file formats are top on the list of many computer users today. But to use these archive file formats especially RAR, you need the WinRAR application, while most Operating Systems have built-in support for the ZIP file format.
Because of unforeseen circumstances, you may not have WinRAR installed on your computer or your trial version may have expired, well, here’s how to convert your RAR file to a ZIP file.
Convert RAR to ZIP using RAR to ZIP Converter for your PC
Download and install the RAR to ZIP converter software on your PC from here.
- Launch the app then Click the “Browse” button to select the RAR file to be converted > you can enter a password if you so desire.
- Choose “Normal compression level (default)” under the “Compression Level section”.
- Hit the “Convert” button. Your file ZIP file should be ready in a couple of seconds and will be saved in the same location from where you chose the RAR file.
Convert using free online converters
Choose any of the following online converters and convert your RAR files to ZIP.
- ConvertFiles – Navigate to and click the “Browse” button on the page and select your RAR files > select “RAR Archive File (.rar)” as input format > then select “ZIP Archive File (.zip)” as output format > click the “Convert” button and download the ZIP when the conversion is complete.
- ZamZar – Click the “Choose Files…” and choose your RAR files > choose “zip” as the format to convert to in step 2 > enter your email address to receive the download link > click “Convert”.
- ConvertIO – Navigate to and click the “From Computer” link on the red bar on the page and choose your RAR files > Click the “Convert” button and download your file when the conversion is complete.
- CloudConvert – Click the “Select Files” button to select your RAR files > then click the “Start Conversion” button to begin the conversion > Download your files when the conversion is complete.
- FileZigZag – Navigate to and click the “Select” button on the page > choose “ZIP” in step 2 > enter your email address > Click “Convert”.
- AConvert – Click the “Choose Files” button and choose your RAR files > Click “Convert Now!” and download your converted files when the conversion is complete.