PS3 is a very popular gaming console. Joysticks are meant for gaming if you want to surf the net or browse the youtube videos on PS3 you need to type the words. Words typing in Joystick is very difficult and time taking. PS3 remote are available in the market. But accessories are very costly to buy. You can easily use your Android phone as a remote controller for PS3. BlueputDroid is a free app available in Google Play store to download. The application allows you to pair your Android phone up with your PlayStation 3 and use the phone as an input device. You can easily use phone’s keyboard to input text and there’s a virtual trackpad that lets you move the cursor inside the web browser.
Related: Wondershare TunesGo Music Downloader
Note: Only some API’s are used, there is no way by now to ensure 100% compatibility with all devices. If the log says “Invalid or Inactive Bluetooth device” try a different ROM like Cyanogenmod (if available).
How to use Blueputdroid
- Your phone need to be Rooted first to use the App.
- Install the app from Google Play Store.
- Open the application and click on the start button.
- Pair your device with a host of your choice.
- Once paired, click on the lens button (secondo top/left) to refresh the available Bluetooth devices.
- Click on a device of your choice to establish a connection.
- Once connected a green screen should appear.
- Single press to simulate the left mouse button (the background should change in blue)
- Double press to simulate the right mouse button (the background should change in red)
- Hit “menu” to show/hide/change the keyboard