Temple Run is an Arcade, Action & Adventure game developed by Imangi Studios. Being one of the most downloaded games from the play store, it holds a rating of 4.3/5 out of 3+ million ratings. Temple Run was a mega hit in the Arcade gaming industry and found its place on millions of smartphones and tablets. It is an endless runner game where you have to control the player by swiping and tilting the device to overcome obstacles. The coins are the measurement of the game, and you have to collect them for unlocking and upgrading several items and the players.
Temple Run Review
It has a nice set of features that are all arranged in an interesting way. You can choose from numerous players who could be unlocked by spending some coins that you have earned. If you have enough real money to spend, you can buy some coins and gems from the store and use them to unlock and upgrade players and items. So many boosts are also available including speed runs, coin value booster, and shield time boost. All will provide an excellent gaming time on this literally simple Endless runner game.
The character will start running in front of a temple where a creature will be following him or her. You have to control the player by Jumping and Rolling or Moving Left and Right to pass through the obstacles. Once you hit the side of the path, the creature behind you will reach very close to you and one more mistake can make you the prey. Also, hitting the fallen wooden pieces, flaming fire, end of the path without diversion will result in the game over. Like this, hitting the rocks (While swimming,) navigating to the dead end (While on the roller coaster) will also end your session.
Throughout the way, you can collect as many coins as possible that could be later used to purchase items or players. There will be some additional items like Gems, Treasure boxes, Shields, etc. on the way to help you in different ways.
Features of Temple Run
- Numerous players to choose from.
- Unlockable items that can also be upgraded.
- Different weather and land conditions throughout the game.
- Different modes of play including the roller coaster, running, swimming, sliding over a rope, etc.
- Coin and Gem collection system.
- Can restart the current game from the loosing point by spending gems.
- Opportunity to earn and unlock treasure boxes.
- Various items can be collected throughout the way.
- Different types of obstacles including fallen trees, rocks, rivers, fire, damaged bridges, etc.
So, the Temple Run is a fun way to pass some time without getting bored. It will be likely for children with 3+ years of age. But the fun fact is that even elders enjoy playing the Temple Run all the time. It is that much addictive to play on your devices like smartphones, tablets and even PCs (Using some Android Emulators.)
- Genre: Arcade, Action & Adventure
- Developer: Imangi Studios
- Age Restriction: 3+
- Installs: 100,000,000 – 500,000,000
- In-app Products: ₹ 53.01 – ₹ 1,070.46
- Developer Website: http://imangistudios.com/