There’s always an urge, a strong one to sing along to tracks you know very well. Sometimes, you imagine yourself in front of the crowd as you close your eyes and sing to their admiration. Welcome to the world of Karaoke with its $10 billion global market worth.
Converting that favorite song of yours from mp3 to Karaoke isn’t as difficult as many regards the conversion of mp3 to MIDI.
Achieving a good karaoke file from a converted mp3 file depends to a large extent, on how the mp3 track was recorded.
So, without further ado, here’s how to convert mp3 to karaoke.
Convert MP3 to Karaoke using Karaoke Anything Software on your Windows PC
Download and install the software from here, then launch it. Though the software was last updated in 2004, it still does a fair job.
- Select the “MP3 Player Mode” > Click the Source button and choose the mp3 file to be converted.
- Hit the “Play button” and adjust the effect slider till you achieve a near perfect result.
- Navigate to and click the “File” button > Save As.
Convert MP3 to Karaoke using Audacity on your PC
Download and install the Audacity application to your computer, then launch it.
- Navigate to the File menu > Select Import > Audio and choose the mp3 track you’d like to convert.
- Click the “small drop-down triangle” to the left of the screen for the track that has been loaded, then select the “Split Stereo Track” option and there’ll be two tracks.
- Double click on one track, then navigate to the “Effects” menu, select “Invert.”
- Click on the small “black drop down triangle” for each of the tracks and select the “Mono” option.
- Navigate to the File menu > select “Export as Wav” or “Export as mp3” to save your file.
Convert using the SingPlay app for your mobiles
Download and install the SingPlay app for your Android and iPhones from the SingPlay Official Webpage. Open the app.
- Select the “Music Library button” from the top right corner and tap on the song you’d like to convert.
- Tap on the “microphone button” to load the selected song into the SingPlay music player. If the microphone button on the bottom right of the screen isn’t green in color, press it.
- Press the “record button” on the bottom left corner of the screen to start recording the track > Press it again when you’re done the recording.
- Select “Listen” or “Save” from the pop up on your screen. Select the “Listen” option to preview the recording.
- Tap on the “Settings icon” on the bottom right corner of the page and adjust the vocal volume to 0 by dragging it to the left.
Play the song again and enjoy your karaoke file.