It may sound unreal to some extent, considering the fact that both file formats play different roles in the motion picture industry, but converting AVI files to GIF is very much possible.
Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to convert AVI to GIF.
Convert AVI to GIF using Adobe Photoshop
If you’ve got Adobe Photoshop installed on your computer, you’re good to go.
- Launch the program and navigate to the “File” menu > select “Import” > select “Video Frames to Layers”. Ensure that the “Make Frame Animation” box option is ticked.
- Select a range for your GIF from the dialogue box. Move over to step 3 when you’re done.
- Navigate to the “File” menu and click the “Save for Web” option > choose any GIF preset > enter the file name and choose a destination folder > Hit the “Save” button.
Convert using Microsoft GIF Animator
Download and install the Microsoft GIF Animator from here, then launch it.
- Navigate to and click the “Open” icon to the top-right corner of the dialogue box, then choose the AVI videos and the converter will read individual frames from the video.
- Select all the frames you want in your GIF after deleting the ones you don’t need. Click the “Animation” tab > select “Looping” > choose “Forever” for infinite looping.
- Navigate to and click the “Image” tab and set the duration of each frame.
- Click on “Save As” button when you’re done.
Learn how to convert AVI to MOV.
Convert using AOAO Video to GIF Converter
Download and install this converter from here. Launch the program.
- Navigate to and click the “Load Video” button and select your AVI videos > then choose “AVI *.avi” as video format.
- The video will begin playing, then using the small green bar, select the beginning and end of your GIF, or manually enter the start and stop time.
- Set a size from the dialogue box that will appear when you are done selecting the time > set how many images per second.
- Click the “Run” button and preview your files when the conversion is done.
Convert using Free Online Converters
- Visit ZamZar – Click the “Choose Files…” button and select your AVI video file (maximum of 50MB) > Choose “gif” as the “format to convert to” in step 2 > enter your email address to receive the download link > hit the “Convert” button.
- Visit ConvertIO – Click “From Computer” on the red bar on the page and select the AVI video you’d like to convert to GIF > click the “Convert” button and download your videos when the conversion is complete.
- Visit EzGIF – Navigate to and click the “Choose File” button to select your AVI videos > Click the “Upload” button. Download your GIF file when the conversion is complete.
- Visit OnlineConverter – Click the “Choose File” button and select your AVI files > Click the “Convert” button and download your files when the conversion is complete.