Smartphone is a Cellular device which is another form of a Telephone. With almost all functions like a computer, smartphones are widespread among the global population. Apart from Telephones, a smartphone can run an Operating System like Android or iOS. Using the smartphones, users will be able to browse the internet, watch videos, record videos, take pictures, make Video Calls, and many more. Unlike Telephones, there is no wired connection needed for the communication. Smartphone is a Wireless device that offers freedom from a specific place.
To define a device as a smartphone, these are the requirements set by many manufacturers.
- Touchscreen (In most cases) or Hardware or software-based QWERTY keyboard.
- Mobile operating system, such as Nokia’s Symbian, Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS or the BlackBerry OS.
- Internet connectivity
- Mobile browser
- Ability to Sync multiple Email addresses to the device
- Inbuilt Memory
- The ability to download and Run applications.
- Wireless Communication with other devices such as Laptop or Desktop computers
- Third-Party application support
- The ability to run multiple applications simultaneously at the same time
- Wi-Fi Support
- Camera with Video taking capability
- Ability to Run Games
- Personal information management
Apart from this, these are also considered as the requirements.
- GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Remote control of computers (Optional)
- Remote control of home or business electronic systems (Optional)
As per the report from Statista, there are 1,423.9m smartphone units are there on the global market that sounds huge. Samsung holds most of the global market share with around 22.7%. iPhones have a share of 10.4%. Among all smartphone units, around 60.4m units are of Screen Size 5 inches or more. Smartphone user count is drastically increasing day by day and new models are arriving to the market each hour! Computers was the dominators before few years and now smartphones ruling the tech market.