It is common to lose important files such as Word or Excel documents. Especially if you are working in an important position in any company, you will be probably handling lots of such important documents. Taking a backup may not be possible all the time, and it is impossible to be perfect on all our jobs. So, once you accidentally deleted the Word or Excel files from any of your flash drives or from the hard drive itself, the only way to get it back is recovering it using a recovery software.
There are lots of recovery software available on the market. But we hand picked a good one out of the hundreds. The Disk Drill recovery software which is something different from all others. It is dedicated to the Word document recovery or the Excel document recovery purposes with all the features optimized specially for the document recovery. It works with almost of the known file systems including NTFS, FAT32, EXT, ExFAT, HFS+, etc. It is extremely easy to install and use it too. You just have to,
You can download the software from the link given below. After downloading and installing it on your computer, follow these steps to recover your excel or word documents easily, effectively, and without losing even a single line from the document.
How to Recover Word/Excel document
To restore the accidentally deleted Word/Excel documents in Windows, follow these steps. To recover any one of them, the steps are same except the file selection. So, following the same procedure is enough.
- Open Diskdrill from the desktop icon.
- Now the software screen will open up, and it will look like this.
- Now, select the preferred recovery option by clicking on the down arrow near “Recover” button. If you need a fast check of the disk, you could choose the “Quick Scan” option from the dropdown. But it is recommended to go for the “Deep Scan” for more efficiency of finding files.
- Now, the Disk Drill will immediately start scanning the selected drive. It might take a little long for the deep scan in big hard drives. So, be patient until it is completed. But the software will list the already scanned files on the interface. Once you found the desired files is already listed, you could also pause the scan and recover it.
- After the process completed, find your Word or Excel file either by searching in the search box given on the left panel or by manually navigating through the folders. If you remember the name of the lost file, it is super easy to search and find it.
- After finding it, simply tick the file that you want to recover, and click on the “Recover” button at the top right side of the window.
- And that’s it, the software will recover the selected file at an instance to the selected location (It can be altered from the “Recover to:” section. Once the process is completed, you will get a popup like below.
Note: For larger files and a selection of lots of folders, it might take longer to complete the recovery process. So, be patient until the process is successfully completed.
Now, you know how to recover excel document and how to recover word document. There are several tools we tested for the purpose. Most of the failed either to list the items or to recover them without any data loss. The Disk Drill recovery software was something different with better accuracy in finding and recovering accidentally removed Excel/Word documents. From our tests, the software completed the process in less time than most of the competitors. That’s why we chose it as a good option for the purpose.
If you lost any of your important documents, you should give a try to this tool. One important thing to mention is the versatility of the software. Even if it is primarily crafted for the Excel/Word restoration purposes, it can recover almost any type of files in your storage devices. So, go and give a try.