MacBook Air is a flagship laptop manufactured by Apple. Equipped with fifth-generation Intel Core processor, the notebookir includes an integrated battery capable of delivering 12 hours of battery life. You can buy the device in both 128GB and 256GB internal storage variants at $999 and $1199 respectively. You will be able to work without any lags since the MacBook Air is equipped with 8GB RAM. With two USB 3 ports, the Air variant of MacBook also ships with a Thunderbolt 2 port without eliminating the traditional headphone port. You will be able to access Apple Store and install apps.
In this article, we will examine the advantages and disadvantages of MacBook Air. We hope you will find this guide useful to decide whether you need to invest your hard-earned money for the laptop.
Advantages of MacBook Air
- Flaunts a 13.3-inch LED display with a higher resolution of 1440×900 resolution.
- Large storage with up to 256GB internal storage with expansion capability up to 512GB.
- Equipped with Intel Core processor for enhanced performance and low heating.
- Addition of 8GB RAM for lag free performance.
- MacBook Air ships with an integrated 54‑watt‑hour lithium polymer battery, which delivers 12 hours of continuous backup.
- Integration of two USB 3 ports and One ThunderBolt 2 port for high-speed data transfer.
- The laptop ships with a Backlit keyboard using which you can work easily during night time.
- The notebook is pre-loaded with macOS Sierra coupled with plenty of useful apps.
Disadvantages of MacBook Air
- MacBook Air includes fifth-generation Intel processor, which are outdated. Moreover, the older processor generates plenty of heat than seventh-generation Intel KabyLake processors.
- Limited storage when traditional laptops offer 1TB of storage at $400
- MacBook Air is expensive with the default model starting at $999. Is it worth to invest this amount for a 13.3-inch display and 128GB storage?
- The laptop comes with internal battery, which will be difficult to replace in future.
MacBook Air is a premium laptop. You can carry it easily because the notebook is portable. However, you have to compromise on the display size, storage including money. If you are a MacBook addict or iOS app developer, you can purchase the laptop. If your work is simple office, mail checking, and web browsing, it would be better to invest for a mainstream Windows 10 laptop available at a half price than MacBook Air.