When somebody asks you how to do a certain operation or a process on your iPhone, you usually take some screenshots and send it to the person. It can sometimes be very time-consuming as you have to take several screenshots. Instead, you can record your iPhone screen and keep it as a high-quality video. This is great if you want to create some tutorials or simply show someone how to do something on the iPhone device. Today, we are going to talk about several ways you can record your iPhone screen. If you’re holding your iPhone at the moment, well… it’s the right time to try these methods!
Using the Control Centre
This method is pretty straightforward and it doesn’t require any external apps to be installed. If you want to quickly and efficiently record both the sound and the screen, this one is great. The steps are below.
- Make sure that your OS is updated to iOS 11.
- Go to your Settings.
- Scroll down and select Control Centre.
- Next, you want to tap on Customize Controls.
- Here, you’ll see the Screen Recording option. Tap the “+” icon next to Screen Recording.
- Now, you’ll see the new circle icon for screen recording. Once you tap it, you’ll be given a three-second countdown.
- Once these three seconds pass, you’ll start recording your screen.
- Alternatively, if you want to record both screen and audio, you can long-press on the circle icon.
- From there, tap Microphone Audio and you’re good to go.
- If you want to stop recording, just tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and select Stop.
- Now, go to your Photos app and you should be able to find your recorded footage. It’s simple as that!
Using the Video Recording Method
Did you know that you can record videos you watch on your iPhone easily? Well, if you didn’t, now it’s time to find out more about that. The only thing you’ll need is an iPhone and an app for streaming videos like YouTube, for example. The steps of this method are below.
- Open your YouTube app or any other app that allows video streaming.
- Choose the video you want to record.
- Before you start playing it, set your phone in the landscape mode.
- Swipe up to open the Control Centre.
- Tap on Customize and Select Screen recording.
- If you remember it from the previous method, you’ll have about three seconds before the video starts recording. Use this time to start playing your YouTube video.
- When you’ve recorded what you wanted, tap the red status bar at the top of the screen and select Stop.
- Once again, the recorded video will be stored in your Photos app.
Before we move onto the next step, it’s important to mention that you DO NOT steal other people’s videos, especially when you record on YouTube. Instead, use this feature to keep the material for yourself in order to avoid copyright issues.
Using the X-Mirage app
X-Mirage is an app that you can download for your iPhone, but also for your Windows PC. As you’ve probably guessed, this app doesn’t come pre-installed on your iPhone and you have to download it from here. Beware that you’ll need a PC in order to use this app. Now, let’s check the steps below.
- Once you install the app, swipe down from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Centre.
- Tap on “AirPlay Mirroring”.
- If you have numerous devices, you’ll probably see them here. Choose the one called X-Mirage [Your Device Name].
- Now, get to your computer and simply hover the mouse cursor over the mirrored window in order to find the record button.
- To start recording, just click on it and to stop recording, simply click again.
Using QuickTime Player
If you have a Mac PC, you’ve probably heard about QuickTime Player. This software can be used to record iPhone or iPad screen and you don’t have to have iOS 11 installed on your iPhone. QuickTime Player has included in your Mac OS build so you won’t have to download it either. The steps are below.
- Open your Dock.
- Now, there are two ways to begin the process of recording. You can either right-click on the QuickTime icon or simply use the menu to choose New Movie Recording.
- After you’ve done this, simply plug your iPhone into your Mac.
- If asked if this is a trusted device, answer with Yes and proceed to the next step.
- In the QuickTime Player, you’ll see the small arrow to the right of the record button. Click on it.
- You’ll then be prompted to select your iOS device, so choose your phone.
- After you did this, the phone’s screen will appear on the screen, ready for recording.
Another important thing to mention about this method is that you can use your QuickTime Player on Windows. However, I wouldn’t go with it since it isn’t as reliable as the app on Mac OS. Also, you can use this method even if you have iOS 11, but it really isn’t necessary and it’s a bit of a hassle.
As we said, recording the screen on your iPhone isn’t as hard as it sounds. Many say that iPhone device are really complicated, which in some cases is true. However, you can still use some of our options if you have the latest iOS update and we also included the option for those who don’t have this update. The important thing is to try every method for yourself and see how well it works. So, if you want to record your screen with or without sound or commentary, our guide should help you with that. If you’ve enjoyed this guide… well, we hope you’ve learned something new!