It is no wonder that online security becomes our primary concern. We have seen so many security breaches every year by compromising users personal data. There are several risks we face when we use our personal data online.
If you are an avid online shopper there are several types of risks are ready to attack when you take easy passwords in public WiFi networks. Many people are using easy to remember passwords, if the website you are using has a poor security practice then you may be the victim of the hack.
Another risk involved in easy cyber crimes is stealing your credit card data. If you use your credit card in a poorly secure website for shopping, then you have higher chances of stealing your credit card.
So, we have higher chances of becoming a victim than a safe surfer. It is always advisable to use a good VPN service to browse online with an anonymous identity. Here we see the uses of VPN which protects your online identity by providing anonymous browsing.
VPN route all your online activity data from your device through their personal server. It masks your identity, IP address, geographic locations, and other aspects which are vulnerable to snoop.
Features to consider while selecting a VPN
- Encryption Protocols
- 99.99% uptime
- OS Compatibility
- Subscription Fees
- Server Locations
- Bandwidth Limit
Benefits of using VPN
- Most people unknowingly connects and uses public WiFi. Even a paid WiFi hotspot is not fully secure and not safe for confidential online activity. Public WiFi is unsecured and offers no encryption to its users. Using the VPN offers the extra security you need. You basically log into the public network first and then your personal VPN. Hotspot web use is then encrypted and cannot be seen by anyone eavesdropping on the connection. Using a VPN when you use public Wifi is a safe practice to protect your online identity from hackers.
- Some universities and offices impose certain restrictions and ban to use social networking sites and other commonly using websites to their users. A VPN will allow you to access all the blocked sites and protects you from the caught.
- A VPN can protect you from storing your personal data from many websites. For example, many sites collect your data for their advertising purposes. A VPN protects you by bypassing all the online activity to the website owners.
- The major streaming providers like Netflix and Hulu will only broadcast specific content in specific countries, with the USA having the highest library. Most of the shows are actually blocked in regions like Asia, Europe, South America, and Canada. The VPN service allows you to modify the IP address of your computer so the streaming provider thinks you are in the US. You can even configure many modern TV sets to work with a VPN.
- There are many countries where oppressive internet censoring is a reality. The most known examples are China, Egypt, and Cuba. Limiting access to the internet is something that can bother you, especially when you are a tourist. The VPN network enables getting rid of almost all possible censorship restrictions.