When you decide to purchase an SSL certificate for your website, and you have decided which type of certificate to buy, the next question that you face is from where to buy it? Which SSL vendor is most reliable but still affordable enough so we can buy an SSL certificate? And this is not an easy choice, thanks to a large number of vendors available in the market.
However, once you’re done with this article, it won’t be much of a difficult task for you to choose your SSL vendor because we’re going to talk about a reliable SSL vendor, affordable and well-established at the same time. The name of the vendor is ClickSSL, and before we talk about them and their SSL offerings, let’s discuss what an SSL certificate is for those of us who do not know enough about its importance.
What is an SSL certificate?
An SSL certificate is a unique digitally signed certificate issued to businesses for installation on their web server after proper due diligence regarding a business’s identity and the business owner. The certificate proves that a particular domain name belongs to a specific business, thus helping protect the customers of that business from visiting a fraudulent website that might have been created in the name of a business on a similar-looking domain name.
Anyone can click the green padlock icon that shows before the URL of the website to check the SSL certificate and see the business entity’s name to which the SSL certificate of that domain was issued. For instance, when we open Google.com and click on the green padlock icon near the URL in the address bar to open the certificate, here’s what shows next:
As you can see, the certificate has been issued to *.google.com, which proves that you are on the official webpage of Google search engine and not on a cloned copy of Google created on another similar looking domain name. Suppose you install an SSL certificate on your web server.
In that case, no one can fool your visitors into submitting confidential login information and other sensitive data to a clone of your website because such cloned websites will not have your SSL certificate. And in the absence of that certificate, a “Not Secure” label will appear before their URL instead of the green padlock to warn your customers that it’s a fraudulent website.
The SSL certificates also do one more thing to protect your customers. They make your site load over HTTPS protocol instead of the default HTTP protocol, which requires encryption of data before it is exchanged between the visitors and webserver. So no one – including ISPs and government agencies – can eavesdrop on the data being sent and received between you and your visitors by capturing the data packets.
Now we hope you better understand about an SSL certificate. The Another question arise in your mind is, from where do you get an SSL certificate? We are going to tell you about ClickSSL, one of the most reliable SSL vendors globally. Let us learn more about them
About the company
ClickSSL is a well-established SSL certificate vendor based out of Delaware, USA. Founded in 2009, it has since then helped thousands of small, mid-sized, and big businesses get their websites up and running with SSL security protection.
That has made it a popular name in the SSL industry, and thousands of new companies choose it every day to buy an SSL certificate. Therefore, you too should consider them to purchase your certificate. But if you still want more reasons to make a decision, we’re going to tell you three primary reasons why this company is one of the best options for purchasing an SSL certificate today.
Why ClickSSL to buy SSL certificates.
Several things make ClickSSL one of the best SSL certificate vendors in the market. However, the three major ones among them are as follows:
- Affordability: ClickSSL offers its SSL certificates at highly affordable and competitive rates. Their prices remain up to 79% lower than their competitors.
- Money-Back Guarantee: All certificates sold by ClickSSL come with 30-days money-back guarantee, which means that if you don’t like their offering, then you can get your certificate revoked and money returned within 30 days.
- Exemplary customer service: ClickSSL has a dedicated team of expert customer service representatives who resolve your issues within a reasonable timeframe. Suppose something goes wrong with your SSL installation. In that case, you can contact their support team through any of the popular communication methods (i.e., chat, email, call, or ticket system), and they will assist you quickly.
Types of SSL certificates which you can find at ClickSSL
ClickSSL sells almost every type of SSL certificate that is available in the market. The certificates come in 3 types based on the number of domains that they can protect, namely:
- Single-domain SSL certificates: These certificates protect only one domain/subdomain name – nothing less, nothing more. Multi-domain security is not allowed in this type of certificate.
- Wildcard certificates: These certificates can protect a root domain and all of its subdomains.
- Multi-domain (SAN) SSL certificates: These certificates can protect all your domains and subdomains created under them.
Each of these certificates come in 3 different validation types, namely:
- Domain validation: These certificates are issued after validation of your domain ownership.
- Organization validation: These certificates are issued after validation of your organization’s existence with documentary proofs. Therefore, they’re harder to be spoofed.
- Extended validation: These certificates are issued after validation of your organization’s existence, along with some more information. Your business should also have been in existence for at least three years.
So ClickSSL sells all these types of SSL certificates. And it sells them from a wide range of SSL vendors, including Comodo, Thawte, GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec, etc. In a nutshell, there’s not a single kind of SSL certificate that you can’t find on their website.
So that was our introduction to ClickSSL, one of the most reliable and affordable SSL vendors in the world. Their 360-degree support from CSR generation to certificate installation helps you choose the right certificate for your business and install it correctly.
In addition to that, if something goes wrong with your certificate, they’re also available 24×7 to assist you through any of the popular communication methods, something that is hard to find in other affordable SSL vendors.
These things collectively leave little room for negotiation. You can choose ClickSSL with total peace of mind to purchase your SSL certificate, and once you’ve done so, share your experience in the comments so others can also realize how good of a service this company is providing. And if you still have any questions, feel free to share them in the comments, and we’ll try our best to answer them.