How to convert M4B to MP3? Nowadays, more and more people use mobile phones to listen to audiobooks. Many of us are not familiar with m4b versions as it’s exclusive to MAC users. It is available only on iTunes with ApplePlay fair DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection, and hence it restricts users to play it anywhere else but apple devices.
On the go, if you want to keep listening to an audiobook file, you need an MP3 player. However, now you may face the problem of changing M4B files to MP3 with ease. This segment covers how you can convert m4b to mp3 online, offline in Mac.
Convert m4b to mp3
There are many tools out there that claim to do the job, but most of them fail or are malicious in nature. Here in this segment, we share some of the best and easiest ways to help you convert m4b to mp3.
Convert m4b to mp3 on macOS or Windows with iTunes
Yes, you heard it right; there’s no need for anything extra to get this done. It has a built-in audio converter that supports the most common audio versions. iTunes is readily available in Mac, and it’s not just a file manager. There are many things you can accomplish with it. Here’s how to convert m4b to mp3 with iTunes:
- On windows, open iTunes and go to Edit > Preferences or iTunes -> Preferences on mac. A preference dialogue box must appear.
- Click on Import Settings. Now in the ‘Import Using:‘ option, select MP3 Encoder from the dropdown. You can choose any audio quality, but generally, Higher Quality (192 kbps) must suffice. Now click on Ok to save the changes. It will bring you back to the main interface.
- Now find the audiobook from the music library that you wish to convert. Select the audiobook, and in the File menu, go to Convert and select Create MP3 Version.
- Now you can locate the mp3 version of the chosen file in your library after the conversion ends.
Download iTunes for Windows from Windows Store or from here.
That’s it; no extra software is required for the sake of m4b to mp3 conversion. If by any chance, you don’t have iTunes, there’s one more way.
Convert m4b to mp3 with VLC Media Player
VLC is open-source and one of the best media players out there. Again with VLC Media Player, you can do many things. Like encoding, decoding, and converting file formats. Here’s how to convert m4b to mp3 with VLC:
- Start VLC. From the Media, menu select Convert / Save.
- Click on Add button and select m4b files which you wish to convert.
- Now, press the Arrow icon, and hit Convert.
- It will open a pop-up; here, next to Profile select Audio – MP3 from the dropdown.
- You can set the filename and destination folder by pressing Browse.
- After this, click on the start. Post conversion, you can find your files in the selected destination folder in step 5.
Convert m4b to mp3 Online
It’s best to choose open source and trusted tools for any type of file conversion. That being said, if you want this on the fly, you can always choose online tools that work in a similar fashion.
Cloudconvert is a free online converter that supports multiple file formats. It is easy to use with a friendly user interface. The conversion procedure is straightforward; you select the m4b file, ensure that the desired output is Mp3, and click on convert. Once the conversion is complete, you can download the files.
Access Cloudconvert from here.
As the name suggests, here, you can convert files for free. You get an intuitive user interface and lots of advanced options such as audio bit rate, trimming of files, etc. Although those options are optional, it’s nice to have for a power user. Simply select the file you wish to convert and click on the convert now option.
Access freeconvert from here.
Converting files from m4b to mp3 is an easy task. Doing this will grant you the freedom to play audiobooks on external players. You can choose any of the methods mentioned above for seamless m4b to mp3 conversion.