The internet has profoundly altered the way individuals conduct business and live their lives daily. You’re linked to a global network of resources and information every time you go online. This means that people across thousands of miles for businesses may work together in real-time on a project. You can transfer money from your checking account to a savings account without calling your bank. However, you’re not only getting access to great things online in these cases.
The same technology that connects you also exposes you to bad actors. Hackers are constantly attempting to steal our identities, which can be a big headache for an HR department at a business. When it comes to protecting your company network, there are many things to consider. NordLayer is a simple, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) hardware-free secure network access solution for all sizes of businesses.
NordLayer is a cloud-based HRMS that specifically caters to Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) and corporate clients. Clients may select from various monthly and annual packages or request a bespoke solution. As you’ll see in my review, NordLayer already has some fantastic features.
Nordlayer Service & Features
Nordlayer is the commercial product of a contemporary network access security solution from Nord Security, the world’s most renowned cybersecurity company. Other Nord Security solutions include:
- NordPass (password manager)
- NordLocker (file encryption and storage tool)
- NordVPN (personal VPN)
- NordWL (a VPN solutions toolkit for businesses).
NordLayer helps organizations of all sizes overcome scaling and integration challenges when building a modern secure remote access solution in an ever-changing SASE framework.
Since the technology is hardware-free and built with scalability in mind, enterprises can quickly connect NordLayer to their existing infrastructure. Today’s fast-paced agile firms and distributed workforces require a solution that can scale along with them.
Nordlayer Servers and other Supports
NordLayer currently has over 40,000 users in 4,000 secured organizations. With over 30 global server locations, it helps you perform quality assurance and automated testing, and assess how a product is perceived by people worldwide from different virtual locations. It’s a fantastic method for tracking product success worldwide while also optimizing SEO and ad ranks globally.
Why do Companies Need NordLayer?
NordLayer offers a range of services that are customizable for each company. Some reasons companies might use NordLayer’s services include:
- Securing remote workforces: Businesses need safe remote access to company resources to operate successfully and keep their employees safe on the cloud or on-premises.
- Secure access to apps and multi-cloud resources: Large enterprises need to access a wide range of cloud applications securely from many devices, platforms, and locations worldwide.
- Protect your data with network security solutions: Data breaches are extremely costly and harmful to a company’s reputation and financial bottom line. To ensure that the network, cloud applications, and endpoints are secure, businesses must employ strong network access encryption.
- Network access control: Segmenting a portion of the network with access control provides an extra layer of security for organizations with dispersed workers. NordLayer enables IT professionals to create teams and categorize user access permissions according to their needs – increasing network security.
NordLayer has three different pricing options depending on the size of your organization— Basic, Advanced, and Custom
|Basic||Smaller businesses||$9.00/user pm or $84.00 annually|
|Advanced||Medium businesses||$11.00/user a month or $108.00|
|Custom||Enterprise businesses||Variable (Contact NordLayer Specialists)|
- The Basic plan includes cloud VPN, centralized billing, a kill switch, 2FA, license transferability, 33 server locations, and 24/7 customer support. There’s also SSO with Google Authenticator and Azure Active Directory.
- The Premium plan includes all of the Basic plan features and also has a dedicated account manager and round-the-clock priority support. For $40.00/month, you may rent a dedicated server with a fixed IP in 20+ cities.
- Enterprise plans are highly flexible and no longer priced per user. Clients at the Enterprise level are entitled to volume discounts, centralized configuration, management, LDAP Active Directory, API access, on-premises dedicated servers, 24/7 phone assistance, dedicated servers on your premises, custom premium features, and custom logo and app colours in the client.
These rates appear fair when compared to the competition. Discounts are available for non-profits, while centralized billing allows you to pay for everything at once. There is no minimum account number required for the Basic or Advanced plan, and selecting one of them saves you money.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards are all accepted forms of payment. There was a chance to pay with Bitcoin if the purchase exceeded $1,000 not long ago; however, that appears to no longer be the case. It would be great to see PayPal return in the future.
Users will have six simultaneous connections per account, much like the B2C version of NordVPN. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on each plan.
According to the Terms of Service, NordLayer will give “priority business support” to Customer’s administrators and end-users.” Dedicated account managers are offered to Advanced plan customers, while Key account managers will be available for Enterprise clients.
Clients may contact 24/7 by phone, email, or live chat for answers, according to their website. You may get competent answers through live chat if you need help. As a regular visitor, you may have to wait up to five minutes before buying NordLayer and asking questions.
There are also more in-depth FAQs. Developing these resources will take some time because the service is new. On the other hand, NordLayer has a chatbot called Aurora on its website that can answer simple questions such as “what is your pricing?” or “do you accept credit cards?” A live chat plugin on the same website can connect you with a customer support representative.
NordVPN’s B2B service, Nordlayer, is an up-and-coming contender that eliminates the gap between enterprise VPNs such as Cisco AnyConnect and team-oriented alternatives that only provide per-user pricing.
This firm solution comes from the creators of NordVPN, setting a high standard for itself. While it’s still in its infancy, it’s evident that NordLayer has taken the lead among the top B2B VPNs in 2022.
This is an obvious choice if you’re looking for a simple business VPN with apps for popular platforms, access in over 30 countries through gateways, and priority assistance. If you own an SMB and want to protect remote staff and all of their devices at a reasonable price, Nordlayer is a good option. NordLayer will undoubtedly improve as your business grows.