Microsoft Word is a word processing software which we all know for its practical productivity and everyone in the world widely uses it, it is designed to help you create professional-quality documents. Microsoft word is considered the best in the business among all the competitive software out there. Word helps you manage and write your documents more efficiently.
Though it is widely popular and used by almost everyone some of us do not know how to Delete a page in Word which creates all the empty space which is unwanted while the document is ready finally, especially when we insert any tables and pictures in the paper it automatically adds a new page which might not be necessary and you want to delete it. This article will help you how to delete all the empty unwanted pages from Word.
Doesn’t matter what your reason is to delete a page, but you will learn how to do it by following the steps given below:
How to delete a page in Word (Text Filled)
The following steps will help you delete a page that is filled with text or any other content which is relatively very easy.
- Pick the page you want to delete by scrolling to the page manually. Or you can press Ctrl + G on Windows or Option + Command + G if you are using macOS to go to the page you want to delete.
- Now Select all the texts or items on the target page. You could do this by pressing Ctrl + A on your keyboard or dragging your cursor across the entire page content from the top to the bottom. Try to drag it to the very bottom of the page even if there is no text over there. Only then you will be able to delete the empty space as well.
- Now delete all the highlighted texts by pressing the Delete button on your keyboard. Or else you can cut them off by using the key combo of Ctrl + X.
By doing this all the highlighted text should be gone by now if you have done it right. It will result in a page shrinking or disappearing completely. Note that there is no dedicated page delete tool in Microsoft Word, So this is how you do it.
How to delete a page in Word (Empty)
This is how you delete an empty page in Microsoft Word by following these steps given below
- Find all the blank pages and whitespaces by opening up the navigation pane. To do this, go to the View tab and make sure the navigation box is check-marked.
- When the sidebar pops up on the left side of your screen, select Pages to see all the pages in your document.
- Go through the list of pages and double-click on the one you want to delete
- Enable Paragraph Marks by pressing Ctrl + Shift + 8 on Windows
- Select the paragraph marks so that they are highlighted
- When the paragraph marks are highlighted, go to the Home tab, input 1 in the Font Size box, and press Enter on your keyboard to apply the changes.
This is how you can delete a page in Microsoft Word, No matter if the page is empty or filled.