TuneIn is one of the popular radio networks among the Internet radio station listeners. The facility to listen to TuneIn radio in smartphones comes in the form of app. But unfortunately, the TuneIn lacks a desktop app to enjoy the service. Luckily, we have a simple tip to enjoy the TuneIn radio on a desktop platform without installing a particular app. All you need is a VLC player installed on your machine.
VLC Media Player is a very popular desktop media player available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This simple trick works on the three desktop platforms.
How To Listen TuneIn Radio In VLC Media Player-Guide
- To get started first you need to download and install VLC Media Player on your machine.
Note: If it is already installed proceed to step 2.
- Download the latest package of “TuneIn Radio addon” from the VLC add-on page.
- Extract the downloaded addon and open the “TuneIn Radio VLC” folder. Here open “Playlist” and “Resource” folder, a “readme.md” and “tunein.lua” file. Here you can add TuneIn username and password to retrieve your favorite playlists.
- Now move the “tunein.lua” file to the VLC folder.
- Windows- “tunein.lua” file to %AppData%/VLC/VideoLAN/lua/sd.
- Mac OS X- “tunein.lua” file to VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/sd
- Linux- “tunein.lua” file to ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/sd/
- Next, move the “radiotimes.lua” and “streamtheworld.lua” files from the Playlist folder to “/lua/playlist” folder in the VLC directory.
- Now it is the time to enjoy the TuneIn on VLC by going to “View > Playlist” under the Internet section. Click on it and listen to your favorite TuneIn radio subscription on VLC Media Player.