TuneIn is one of the popular radio network among the Internet radio station listeners. The facility to listen TuneIn radio in smartphones comes in a form of app. But unfortunately, the TuneIn lacks a desktop app to enjoy the service. Luckily, we have a simple tip to enjoy the TuneIn radio on a desktop platform without installing a specific app. All you need is a VLC player installed on your machine.
VLC Media Player is a very popular desktop media player available for Windows, Mac and Linux. This simple trick works on the three desktop platforms.
How To Listen TuneIn Radio In VLC Media Player-Guide
- To get started first you need to download and install VLC Media Player on your machine.
Note: If it is already installed proceed to step 2.
- Download the latest package of “TuneIn Radio addon” from the VLC add-on page.
- Extract the downloaded addon and open the “TuneIn Radio VLC” folder. Here open “Playlist” and “Resource” folder, a “readme.md” and “tunein.lua” file. Here you can add TuneIn username and password to retrieve your favorite playlists.
- Now move the “tunein.lua” file to the VLC folder.
- Windows- “tunein.lua” file to %AppData%/VLC/VideoLAN/lua/sd.
- Mac OS X- “tunein.lua” file to VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/sd
- Linux- “tunein.lua” file to ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/sd/
- Next, move the “radiotimes.lua” and “streamtheworld.lua” files from the Playlist folder to “/lua/playlist” folder in the VLC directory.
- Now it is the time to enjoy the TuneIn on VLC by going to “View > Playlist” under the Internet section. Click on it and listen your favorite TuneIn radio subscription on VLC Media Player.