Opening two Skype accounts on the same computer at the same time can help you in various situations. If you are a business person having two skype account, one for personal use and another for business use. It is not possible to use two computers for different skype accounts. So, you must open those two accounts on the same computer. But Skype will not allow you to open two instances of skype on the same computer. So, we prepared this article to help you. In this guide on How to open two skype accounts on the same computer at the same time, we are giving the solution for your problem. SO, carefully follow us to get what you are searching for.
How to Open Two Skype Accounts on the Same Computer at the Same time – Step by Step Guide
Follow the steps below to open two accounts at the same time as two windows on the desktop without the restrictions of the skype. You will be able to use the complete features of the both accounts without any problems.
- Press the Windows Windows+R keys together to open the RUN.
- On the Run window, type %programfiles(x86)%/skype/phone/ and click OK.If you face any error messages, try type %programfiles%/skype/phone/ in the Run window. This is due to the 32-bit and 64-bit variations of your operating system.
- Now, a Folder showing some skype files will pop up.
- Right-click on the Skype.exe.
- Select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut) option.
- Find the shortcut you just created on your desktop (There may be two Skype shortcuts. One of your old one and One of the newer)
- Right-click on the newer one (Probably in the last position in Desktop) and select Properties option.
- Now, The properties window will appear.
- Navigate to the Shortcut tab.
- On the Target field add /secondary to the end of the file path. Now, the target field should be anything like “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary according to your operating system version.
- Click OK Button.
Now each time you can access two different instances of the skype, and you could be online every time in both of your accounts. So, never worry again about the missed messages and calls. You are ready to be a multi-chatter on both of your Skype accounts.
Note: If you have multiple instances of skype running, sometimes you want to close the skype using the End Process features in Task manager.