Ubuntu is one of the handy operating systems out there. But at the same time, it is one of the toughest OS to use especially for the beginners. For example, if you want to find out how much RAM is installed in your Ubuntu PC, it is not that easy as in Windows. Actually, it is easy, but the fact is that you don’t know how to do it. If you are struggling on this, we have a brief article which will guide you throughout the steps to find how much RAM is installed in Ubuntu. Have a look.
Find out How much RAM is Installed in Ubuntu
- Open Command Terminal by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal.
- Type the following command and press enter.
- Now you will get an output showing the total, used, and free RAM in your PC.
An alternative way to this is as follows.
- Click the Gear icon at top right corner.
- Click on the System Settings and then System Info.
- There you can find the memory details under the Ubuntu logo.
You can also view the memory details through System Monitor application. Here is how.
- Open the System Monitor application by navigating to System > Administration > System Monitor or by running the following command in the terminal.
- In the System tab, you can find the memory details.
So, now you know how to find memory details in Ubuntu. If you have any problems in finding it, feel free to leave comments in the following section. We will be always happy to assist you on it.