How to Customize Gmail for more productivity: Gmail is the best Email provider around. You can customize Gmail for more productivity. You can tweak Gmail very easily with simple steps. Follow these steps to grab more from Gmail.
Want to set up a signature to your Gmail? hmm line up with your name, website, company, phone number, etc.. we can all put in an email signature. Email signature delivers a significant identity to email at the bottom of the email you send. You can use this to share your personal information and advertise both yourself and your business.
1. To set up a signature automatically to all your emails:
- Click the Settings tab in your Gmail toolbar.
- Go to general.
- Make sure the desired account is selected under signature:(If you have multiple accounts.)
- Type the desired signature in the text field
2. Fixing Gmail time zone:
The world divided into time zones. If your computer or Gmail thinks you in the wrong time zone the time and date will not correspond to what your time says. Changing the time zone in Gmail is easy.
- Click the gear icon in your Gmail top right corner.
- Select mail settings from the menu.
- Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click the other google account settings link under google account settings.
- Select products on the left.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now follow the Edit personal information link under Account.
- Select the correct time zone under Time zone.
- If you cannot find the correct city or time zone, try checking Show all time zones.
- Click Save.
3. Block a Sender in Gmail:
Receiving unwanted emails in your inbox. With a simple filter, Gmail can send all incoming mail from your favorite forwarders to the Trash folder as it arrives. How does it work? as follows.
- Click the Show search options triangle in the Gmail search field.
- Type the desired email address under From.
- You can block an entire domain by entering just that. To block all mail from both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, type “@example.com”.
- Click Create filter with this search.
- Make sure Delete it is checked under When a message arrives that matches this search.
- Click Create filter. and Check Also apply a filter to.
4. How to Export Your Gmail Contacts:
Gmail address book is simple to clean and easy to use. If you want to move all contacts to another Gmail account follow these steps.
To export your full Gmail address book:
- Select Contacts from the left Gmail navigation bar.
- Now click Export at the top.
- For a maximum of compatibility, select Outlook CSV format (or Outlook CSV).
- Both Outlook CSV and Google CSV export all data. The Gmail format uses Unicode to preserve international characters under all circumstances, but some email programs — including Outlook — do not support that. Outlook CSV converts names to your default character encoding.
- Click Export or Export Contacts.
- Download the “Gmail-to-outlook.csv” or “gmail.csv” file to your Desktop.
5. Organizing Inbox With Stars
Gmail offers a colorful start option. You can add your desired color to the email to make them important or urgent. For example, you can assign a red color to an urgent mail and yellow to the scheduled email. In this way, you can easily notice which is urgent and which is not.