Recent studies show that many people are using desktops and laptops nearly more than 7 hours a day. Continuous exposure of monitor light to your eyes can damage the vision. This is called digital strain and it results in dryness of eye and irritation. If you are a computer professional or a student with a lot of work in front of a computer for hours this extension is for you. Children are at high risk for the digital strain. The impact on the kids on high is due to they regularly work on digital screens daily.
Usually, computer monitors emit blue color from the screen. This can cause many eye-related issues in the future.
G.Lux resemblances f.lux, it is a very useful extension in night time reading. It offers various colors to choose, it balances the light of monitor and changes the color temperature of the page you’re viewing.
After installation, it sits in your extension bar at the top right corner of the Chrome. Just click on the icon and choose your color to set. Now open your desired web page, the web page appears with the selected color. If you already opened a web page before installing G. Lux just refresh the page to take the changes effect.
Features of G.Lux Chrome Extension
- Change the color temperature of your browser/websites.
- Make your websites darker without using the monitor or operating system display settings.
- Choose a custom color for your web pages. You can even make your screen pink or green!
- Variable filter intensity: One-extension for all screens and brightnesses!
- Color and intensity settings are saved across multiple Chrome browsers or ChromeOS devices.
If you don’t want additional software on your machine for controlling blue light and light conditions, then try this extension works only in Google Chrome.