Internet Explorer is the default browser comes with Microsoft Windows operating system. IE is packed with some fantastic features like Tab pinning, minimalistic user interface, lightning fast, built-in download manager, notifications bar, domain highlighting and most importantly standards compliance.Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is the most hated browser in the world. People are usually using IE to download their favorite browser.
Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is the most hated browser in the world. People are usually using IE to download their favorite browser. 😛
Related Article: Top 5 Uninstallers For Windows
If you are one of those who want get rid of IE from your PC here is our simple guide to uninstall Internet Explorer. In this guide we user Windows 7 and Windows 8 to explain uninstallation process.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 7
It is very simple to remove Internet Explorer in your PC when you are running Windows 7.
- Open control panel by clicking on Windows start button and search “Programs and Features”.
- Now click on “View installed updates”, here list of available programs will be shown.
- In that list find “Internet Explorer” and right-click on it to get uninstall option.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen to confirm the uninstall, here click on “Yes” to proceed.
How to uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 8 and later
For Windows 8 Microsoft has integrated IE as a un-uninstallable Windows feature. Means it doesn’t show or have any option to uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 8. But if you are very serious to remove IE from your Windows 8 PC here is a simple solution to get rid of it.
- First swipe in from the right edge of your Windows 8 screen and click on the search icon and type “Windows Features” in the search box.
- Here click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Now it opens a pop-up box, in the dialogue Window un-check the box next to Internet Explorer.
- To confirm a change a pop-up box shows asking “Do you want to continue”, here click on “Yes” to confirm.
That’s it, now your system is an Internet Explorer free machine.