Here we are listing some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of USB Type-C
USB Type-C is a new physical connector introduced for both smartphones and laptops. It is a new type of connector with 24-pin for faster data and charging speeds which introduced in the middle of August 2014. Coming to the specifications part, it has similar faster data speeds like its successor, USB 3.1. Nowadays we are witnessing almost all brands launching their new smartphones with USB Type-C port inbuilt. So, it is necessary to be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of USB Type-C connector to be selective on your next purchase.
In this article, we will be discussing the term by listing some of its merits as well as the demerits. We believe this will be a good guide to let you know more about the USB Type-C.
Advantages of USB Type-C
These are some of the major advantages of the USB Type-C connectors.
- USB Type-C is small: The USB C Type connector is just half the width and about one-third the height of a standard USB connector that makes it extremely easy to use.
- USB Type-C is reversible: You can insert the connector in both ways. Unlike the older USB ports, it doesn’t matter either side to plug in.
- USB Type-C is fast: The Type-C ports can transfer data with up to 10 gigabits per second speed. It is extremely fast when compared to the traditional USB ports.
- USB Type-C is powerful: The USB C-Type connectors can output around to 100 watts of power which is enough to power your devices.
- USB Type-C is flexible: Using the USB C Type ports, users will be able to connect even unsupported devices using suitable adapters. Even devices that use non-USB technologies, like VGA, DisplayPort and Ethernet could be connected using this.
- It’s very Easy To Plug: As it is small in size, it is very easy to carry and plug in to the devices. No hassles of long wires or large parts.
Disadvantages of USB Type-C
These are some of the disadvantages of the USB Type-C
- Still, some devices don’t support USB Type-C: Even it is known to be one of the versatile connecting solutions, there are still some devices that are not coming with the USB Type-C support.
- Users and exposed to some security threats: Recently, some studies showed that the new USB Type-C ports are very thin in terms of the security. The malware like BadUSB can enter laptops through firmware in the cable without the user knowing.
These are the most noticeable advantages and disadvantages of USB Type-C connectors. As one of the best connecting solution, the Type-C has great relevance. If you have any further points to add let us know through your comments.