We know that the internet exists for quite some time now, but it’s still debatable is it good or bad. Many will say that it’s great for having fun or learning something, but just ask your older members of the family. Will they say that the internet is good? Probably not. In this case, they are right, but so you are if you think that the internet is good! It has many, many advantages and can help you with a lot of stuff like shopping, entertainment, news and much more, but there are some disadvantages to this. That being said, let’s review some of the advantages and disadvantages of internet, shall we?
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Google Android
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Google Chrome Browser
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Jailbreaking iPhone or iPad
Internet Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Internet
- Information availability: As you’ve probably known, the internet is swarming with info about every subject you can imagine. Even some schools prefer this way of learning, by using the internet to finish the particular lesson or even the whole exam! The internet is a well of information and you can access them very easily by using your web browser. Use the Google to search for the info you need and you’re done. The info you can find isn’t always genuine, and we’ll talk about that in the ’disadvantages’ section.
- Useful for having fun: If you want to have fun, there isn’t a better way than the internet. Sure, you can watch TV, but on the internet, you can watch what you want, buy or download games and much more. The Internet is now a very versatile feature where you can really have fun. You can visit some websites to watch your favorite TV shows, TV series, movies or just browse the social media websites to explore your friend’s updates and pictures.
- Easy sharing and communicating with your friends: The main purpose of the internet, when it first appeared, was communication. By using the internet, you can now easily communicate with your friends or family, and it’s completely free! Some websites and apps allow for a smooth communication, and these are Facebook, Skype, Whatsapp and much more. You don’t even have to chat; just make the voice or video call and you have a full-fledged experience in communication with the others. Try it out, it’s simple.
- Business and marketing purposes: It’s not strange that every company has its own website, because of the importance of internet marketing. Internet marketing is great because you know that lot of people use the internet, which will increase your chance of success. This way you can create or improve your own business, but not only that; you can use the aforementioned apps to organize a business conference or share your business plans with the workers in your company. There simply isn’t a better place to market yourself than the internet.
- Meeting new friends or love interest: Many relationships today are a product of the internet. With social media websites like Facebook or Instagram, you can now easily connect with the new people and find your soulmate. This is a great advantage of the internet and will help those who don’t have much time to go out, so it’s easier to chat with the person you want to.
Disadvantages of Internet
- False information: As we mentioned earlier, you can find a lot of information on the internet, but don’t expect that everything you read on the internet is true. Let me disappoint you; most of the stuff out there is just copy/paste with just a little editing, so I suggest that you seek for info just on verified web sites for the matter you need. Unfortunately, this is a big disadvantage of the internet, and you’ve probably heard people say that they have read something on the internet. Well… tell them that not everything is genuine there.
- Addictiveness: This is a common problem that can occur if you use too much internet. Unfortunately, the younger persons are usually those who get addicted to the internet, much more than those who are older. This can lead to lack of socialization and decreased communication skills, which can produce some mediocre results in school and business. Usually, the games and social media websites are the main causes of addictiveness, so try to moderately use this stuff.
- NSFW (Not Safe for Watching) content: You know what I mean when I say NSFW content. It’s usually the content that isn’t safe for children, like pornography for example. These websites usually don’t require any kind of sign up to be used, and your child can easily access numerous porn websites. This is why the internet isn’t that safe place, and you need to watch out for your children when they are browsing the internet. Don’t rush with introducing your children to the internet. Let them grow and they can use it safely.
- Internet hackers and deceivers: The Internet is a great thing, but there will always be those who want to abuse it and use to their own needs. Sadly, many people today do business on the internet which isn’t genuine and are looking just to deceive and fool you. Hackers are also dangerous and can hack into your Facebook, email or even bank account and you need to watch out for that. Try to use complicated passwords and don’t use the same password on the every account. The deceiving is the most usual when shopping on the web, so the one needs to be careful and not trust easily.
- It’s a necessary evil: The internet is great and all, but it really became a necessary thing in our lives, if you think better. When we don’t have the internet, we are mad and have nothing to do, and what did people do thirty years ago? It’s not bad because it’s necessary, but because it’s not free and if you are a businessman, you need to use it very often to check your emails and manage calls, etc, etc. This will lead you to much less spare time, leading to decreased quality of life.