For every PC owner in their lifetime at least once they face blank screen error or operating system not found message. This is due to the corruption in MBR (Master Boot Record). The Master Boot Record (MBR) is the most important block of code located on your hard drive.
There will be errors if your computer tries to boot and the MBR is no longer responding or has problems. So, fixing it might solve the problem very effectively. For this, the default Windows installation CD has a recovery option. It allows users to run an MBR boot utility that fixes a corrupted or deleted MBR. If you are looking for a fix to your Master Boot Record, this is the guide for you.
How to Fix Master Boot Record Boot Disk
- First of all, put the Windows installation disc into the CD drive.
- Reboot your computer.
- After your computer detected the boot disk, Press the space bar to boot into the Windows Recovery Console.
- Choose the appropriate time zone and other details and press “Enter.” (If prompted)
- Then, select the “Repair your computer” option and press “Enter.”
- There you will see many items listed one after other. Here, click on “Command Prompt.”
- If you are asked for the administrator password, enter it and press “Enter.”
- Now, you got the command-line interface to repair your MBR.
- Type “bootsect/fixmbr” in the CMD and press “Enter.”
- This command can repair the MBR and fixe the boot record.
- After completing the process, remove the installation CD.
- And reboot the computer.
Our reference to this article includes: How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows from the Microsoft website.
That’s all for now. Please do share your views and feedback in the comment box below.