Instagram is one of the most popular applications for both Android and iOS. They have been constantly working to bring more and more features onto the application. People want to keep the videos with them so they don’t have to search and waste time to show those to others, which have not been possible in the recent past on the application.
Although currently also it is available via a third-party option and no official way is available to download and keep the media with you. Instagram is not going to bring any such feature, because as per Instagram it can violate the terms of different users, using Instagram for building their professional portfolio.
Today let us see a couple of different applications and other ways with which you will be able to download Instagram videos onto your Android or iOS-based device. Let us first list all the different ways available then we will talk about the steps to download the videos via the available methods.
- Story Downloader and Repost for Instagram
- Instagram Video Downloader
- Via Google Chrome
This website is a great place to download videos from Instagram and even other websites like YouTube, let us look at the steps for the same.
1. Open the Instagram Application and head to the video.
2. On the top right corner of the video, you will get three vertical dots denoting the options menu. Open the menu and select the option “Copy Share URL”.
3. Once the URL is with you, open the web browser either on your phone or on your laptop. Head to the website http://en.savefrom.net/
Paste the copied URL onto the white box on the website.
4. Once down it will start downloading the video which you can later use to share via Whatsapp, Facebook, Bluetooth or any other medium.
This is another website which will let you download the videos or images easily. Steps for which are given below.
- Open the Instagram Application and head to the video.
- On the top right corner of the video, you will get three vertical dots denoting the options menu. Open the menu and select the option “Copy Share URL”.
- Paste the URL onto the website http://www.omginstagram.com and it will start downloading the video/image.
- Another option on the website is that you can search for Hashtags and profiles once you login via Instagram. This way you can directly download via your web browser without the need of Instagram application on your mobile device.
There are many more different websites available which you can use to download the videos and images from Instagram.
3. Story Downloader and Repost for Instagram
This is an application available for Android with which you can download the posted stories and even repost the posts without any hazel of downloading the posts onto your device. Steps for which are as follow:
- Download the application on your device via the link
- Once downloaded sign into the application via your Instagram account.
- There are different tabs such as Stories and posts, you can select the Stories tab and then you can easily download the posted stories without any issue,
- You will even be able to re-post the stories or even repost the images and other videos posted on the timeline. Although you will get an added watermark when you are using the re-post feature of the application.
This application is used to download the videos and photos on iPhone. This is the only application available for iPhone which works great and without any issue. Steps for using the application is as follow:
- Download InstaSave application from the App Store.
- Once downloaded you will have to log in to your Instagram account.
- You will be able to see the full Instagram feed, once you get the video you want to download open it and tap on Copy Share URL.
- Once done head to the InstaSave app and it will automatically fetch the copied URL.
- Click on save and it will be saved to the Camera Roll in your iOS device.
There are some other applications such as Instagrab and RapidSave which you can use instead of InstaSave for your iOS device. Although they do lacks some features and might have downtime also.
5. Instagram video Downloader
There are a ton of different applications which are available for Android users. Let us explain steps for one of the application because for most of them it is the same.
- Download Instagram as well as Instagram Video Downloader on your Android Phone.
- Open Instagram and copy the URL of the video or the image you need to download on your phone.
- Open the Instagram Video Downloader app and open the Download Post tab. Paste the URL of the media you copied.
- Press on the Download button and the media will be downloaded in InstaSave folder on your Mobile Phone.
6. Using Google Chrome
This method is strictly using PC although you can transfer the videos to your mobile phone without any issue at a later stage. On Google Chrome you will have to download an extension which is known as DownAlbum. Here are the steps for downloading Videos / Phones from Instagram to your PC via DownAlbum.
- Install Google Chrome on your PC if you have not done it earlier. Do note that the version installed is the latest one.
- Open the chrome web store app and search for DownAlbum. Install the extension using the Add to Chrome Button colored in blue.
- Open instagram.com and login via your id and password for Instagram.
- Once done you can browse the feed without any issue. Find the video and photos you want to download. Just below the photos and videos, there will be a link to download video/photo.
- This way you can easily download the videos and photos onto your PC which at a later stage can copy to your Android / iOS mobile device.
These are few steps with which you can download the Videos and Photos posted on Instagram to your mobile phone. Although some of the steps require you to use a Personal Computer, they are more reliable than the other Mobile only versions. Do let us know if you have any issue with respect to downloading videos and photos from Instagram. If you have a better method then do let us know in the comment section below.