Games are the most important application that anyone is going to install on their handset. Android phones have become a gaming station for the people who are traveling, passing their time, and other such cases. Mobile phones with their increasing specifications have made all the developers to use more and more resources. But this has been degrading the performance on lower cost phones where most of the people play games.
Today we are going to see on to one of the most popular game Players Unknown Battleground so that the particular game can work on your mobile phone without much lag, and you can have Winner – Winner Chicken Dinner each and every time you play.
So talking about making the games smoother and to churn out better performance from the mobile phone you own, today we will be using the Developer settings. Although this is just the first phase as we will also showcase another step in which we will use another application to boost the performance of PUBG.
1. Turn off background services
All the phones support many apps to be active in the background, this is even necessary so that you can have active notification support on your phone. But this does utilize a bit of memory in your RAM and will even eat up a bit of processing power. If your phone is a high end or a mid-end device then you won’t have any issue, but if you are gaming on a really low – end device then you will for sure going to have a problem with the same with a couple of stutters.
In order to block the same, you must disable the background services. You can use the inbuilt processing manager of your phone to keep them off, or you can simply open each and every app from the Apps part of the settings and disable their permissions to run in the background. This will make sure there is only a single app running while you are gaming, and this will enable you to see the true performance of your mobile phone.
2. GFX Tool App
This application requires root access, but on some devices, this might even work without the root access, so you can try your luck. With this application, you can actually change the values of the PubG configuration folder and see if the game runs better than it was working before. The steps for improving the performance of your phone on the PubG app is as follow:
- Download the GFX Tools application from the Play Store
- Open the application and grant the root permissions if demanded.
- Now configure the GFX tools according to the values supported by your mobile phone, suppose your phone is just having an HD display and the game is running with FHD support than lower the values of resolution, you can block the shadows, make the graphics to the lowest, and can even lower the FPS values.
- Do note that before doing all these settings chose the version of the PubG mobile you are using which can be found on the topmost part of the application.
- Do note while changing the FPS of the game, that you must keep the specification of your phone in mind, otherwise the game will force the device to send in the desired amount of frames, and you might see thermal throttling in the game, and even the device getting heated up.
- The style is something that you can change in order to make the game look better, but do note that this will have no changes on the performance of the game.
- Graphics API is of three types OpenGL 2.0, OpenGL 3.1 and Vulkan. Vulkan is the best if you are having Android 7.0 or higher, but if your device is still rocking an older version you can use any of the other two.
- Run the game and see if the settings are having a significant effect or not, if there are still lags and issues with the game, exit the game and lower the settings, you will have to use the hit and trial method till you get to the best settings available for your mobile device.
3. Developer Settings
Developers settings are something which is given by Google to the developers so that they can see if their application is working fine and you don’t have any issue with your mobile phone while using a particular application. In order to use the Developers settings you have to head to system settings and then to the about of the mobile phone, there you have to keep on tapping the Build Number to activate the developer options.
Once done open the developer settings and you will have to enable the Force 4x MSSA (Multi-Sample Anti – Aliasing) this will make your game to run with the best quality possible. This will enable the games to use only the 4x MSSA insisted of just 1x, but it will work only for the games which are written in OpenGL 2.0.
Do note that if you will be using the developer options and the 4x MSSA then your phone’s battery will be draining like a crazy workhorse. Hence you must disable this option as soon as your gaming session is completed.
4. Manual Method
This method is the same as that of the last GFX Tool App, but here you will have to use ES Explorer or any other file manager to open the config file located in the PubG folder, once done you will have to vary the values found inside the file, do note that 9 denotes lowest, while 1 denotes highest.
These are some of the settings and methods which you must try in order to make your phone work better with the PUBG game, also note that if your phone is already optimized for the game, then with these settings also the game will not have any drastic effects. Do let us know in the comments about your experience with the PubG game and these settings, also comment if you have any other hack for the game to run smooth and better.