SysAid IT help desk software is a multipurpose management system that helps businesses serve a myriad of customers. As the premier form of internet technology service management (ITSM), the SysAid help desk enables companies to centralize business information while efficiently serving customer needs. In addition to managing most company assets, SysAid provides ticket management for both internal and external queries. This means that SysAid support tools can help companies effectively solve problem tickets for customers as well as among the workforce. This IT helpdesk software automates the business resolution process, providing a swift and easy way for businesses to handle the scope of their IT needs.
Benefits of SysAid Help Desk Software:
- Improved customer relations – The SysAid interface helps to establish first-contact resolution (FCR). This means that you receive immediate alerts regarding a customer’s query and can answer complaints with minimal lag time, thereby improving customer relationship management (CRM).
- Streamlined business operation – An IT help desk has a range of business applications. In addition to improving CRM, you can use the help desk for human resource (HR) management, financial management, enterprise resourcing planning (ERP), and measurement of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Ticket Prioritization – Use the software to prioritize tickets ranging from urgent and high-priority to general service queries.
- Skill-Based Routing – By distinguishing support tickets, the SysAid interface allows you to route queries to workforce members best-suited to solve the problem (thereby boosting agent productivity).
SysAid Cloud (SaaS) vs. SysAid On-Premise (Download) Help Desk
Since SysAid, IT help desk software is an industry leader in both cloud (Saas) and on-premise (download) help desks, understanding the applications of each option can help you make the best choice for your business.
SysAid Cloud-Based Help Desk
A cloud-hosted or web-based help desk eliminates the need to download and install software onto your own servers. Instead, you can use SysAid’s servers as an efficient form of external hosting. Cloud-based help desks transform traditional platforms into “software as a service” (SaaS). This delivery model enables your company to “rent” out SysAid servers, thereby outsourcing processing power so your business runs more smoothly. With a cloud system, SysAid hosts your desk in one of its SSAE 16-certified data centers across the globe.
One of the key benefits of cloud-based software is that it distributes the load among remote servers. This enables your support system to handle fluctuations in user requests, allowing your business to avoid lag time or crashes during peak hours. Similarly, cloud-based systems help mobilize your workforce more efficiently. To access data, workforce members log in with an internet-enabled device and then view the appropriate fields using the web-browser interface.
Importantly, the cloud also provides a full backup of your IT files along with 24/7 customer support. This makes it easy to retrieve or change data as the need presents itself. Furthermore, using the cloud takes away the burden of constant server maintenance, updates, security, and upgrades. Since SysAid automatically provides core maintenance, the cloud-based desk eliminates the need for a dedicated IT repair staff. Finally, a cloud-based distribution model allows you to scale your business because you can gradually increase the server space needed as your business grows. Embedded BI analytics to help you monitor and report progress and automatic upgrades make this model compatible with constantly emerging technologies (such as big data and the Internet of Things).
Benefits of SysAid Cloud-Based Help Desk Software (SaaS):
- Ease of Integration and Compatibility – Unlike downloadable software, cloud-based systems do not have to configure with existing hardware systems. This eliminates the need to upgrade individual systems to meet hardware requirements. Remote cloud software also minimizes clashes in software compatibility since you can always access tool and data using an internet browser.
- Ease of Upgrade Management – Because SysAid regularly updates the cloud through routine quality control, a cloud-based help desk operates with the latest software upgrades.
- Ease of Deployment – Since you do not have to download the software to individual machines, you can put SaaS to use quickly. This reduction in external infrastructure and rapid deployment makes the cloud-based delivery model simple to use.
- Ease of Access – Accessing the cloud simply requires a web browser and an internet connection. This eliminates the need for specialized software and allows more than one user at a time to log in as needed.
SysAid On-Premise Help Desk
SysAid’s on-premise option allows you to license the company’s help desk software. Instead of remote hosting, this model requires you to download and install SysAid software onto your in-house servers. Regardless of your technical level, the SysAid on-premise option provides an easy installation wizard that helps you install the software within minutes.
A key benefit of the on-premise option is that this software includes a built-in database. If you already have an existing database, this platform also supports Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and Oracle databases. Importantly, on-premise helpdesk software puts your company in complete control over data security and private information. This type of self-hosted software is essential for companies in regulated industries that require on-site maintenance of sensitive information. Finally, it is important to note that because you are hosting the software locally, you are responsible for server management as well as any updates and upgrades.
Benefits of SysAid On-Premise Help Desk Software (Download):
- Tightened Data Security and Privacy Information – With a self-hosted help desk, your company manages sensitive data internally. This acts as an additional security control to protect sensitive customer information.
- Premium Customization – Installing an on-premise service desk allows you to tailor the software to core business specifications (e.g. integration with other programs within your business). This strategic development can help you customize software based on your industry.
- Self-Managed Update Schedule – Because on-premise software does not update automatically, you can schedule upgrades on your own time.
- Internal Archiving – On-premise software gives you control over your IT assets, allowing you to archive and track service history on your own terms.
Each delivery model has strengths based on your business needs. Regardless of which model matches your industry, SysAid helpdesk software can help actualize your core business values and goals.