Twitch has become one of the best platforms to stream games online. With this people can easily showcase their talents and play the game in order to help more and more people with tricks and different tactics.
Most of the people use gaming computers for gaming, but there are still many different peoples who use Xbox One and Sony PS4 for gaming, most of the accessories are build keeping them in mind as the most basic gaming machines.
If you want to mimic your friend in streaming the games you don’t require any other thing other than Xbox One. Let us discuss the steps involved in streaming to twitch directly from your Xbox One Video Game Console.
This method is going to work on most of the consoles from Xbox One family such as the original Xbox One, Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X. There are some requirements other than the controller which are going to be as follows:
- Wired internet connection, you can even use a wireless internet connection which is stable and only if your controller supports one. Do note that the internet connection is fast enough to upstream the whole video over Twitch.
- A Television or a monitor to connect the console, so you can see yourself playing any game.
- A Controller is also necessary to control the menu and the gameplay.
- Xbox One Kinect Sensor: This device is used to record your videos to be uploaded on twitch, but this does also act as a microphone where you can enhance the broadcast quality. With these sensors, the Xbox One users are also able to use the voice recognition system to make voice commands and make Skype video calls. There are even some games for which you specifically require the sensor, to make the motion.
- Xbox One Kinect Adaptor: this is another original accessory which you will require in order to use the Kinect Sensor with your Xbox One device.
- Xbox One Chat Headset: if you don’t want to use the embedded microphone of Kinect then this is the best option to use as a higher quality audio stream. This connects directly to the Stereo Headset adapter which is included in the controller. This is one of the best audio controllers for Xbox consoles.
- Third party microphone: If you are having any other microphone with you, and don’t want to get anything new then you can without any delay plug the microphone and get ready to stream.
The last 4 requirements are mostly focused for people who are looking to include their video/audio with the stream for a better streaming experience, basic requirement are the first 3 one only, while the rest of the four is an optional one. Let us start with the step by step solution to start using Xbox One to stream your gameplay on Twitch.
- Download Twitch Xbox App: This is the most basic requirement which requires a long procedure to follow, which are as follow:
- Turn on your Xbox One, and head to the Store tab from your dashboard.
- Use the search button to search Twitch app, the button is usually found in the featured games and media tab.
- Twitch will appear with a purple icon, this is the official listing of the application on the Store. Now use the Get button to download the app and install the same on your Xbox console.
- Wait for the Xbox One Console to download and install the application, this may take time as per the speed of the internet.
Connecting Twitch account to Xbox
As you are finished with installing, you will need to do a one-time setting on – to the Xbox machine, you don’t need to alter this till you are selling the console or upgrading to a new one.
- Open the official website of Twitch in a web browser on your computer.
- Log in with your Twitch account, and open the Twitch app on your Xbox console.
- Click on the login button on the console. Once done the app will give you a six – digit code.
- Use the web browser on the computer to use the activation page of Xbox console to approve your Xbox and link your Twitch account.
Start Streaming on Twitch
For the first time, there are a couple of steps which you need to test, in order to make it clear for you to start streaming.
- Open your Xbox One game you are looking forward to stream. In order to start the streaming, you will need to keep gaming running.
- Once the game is running, head to the dashboard, and open the twitch app. Use the broadcast button which is located on the left side of the screen.
- As you will click the Twitch app will minimize and open the last open game.
- A popup with Broadcast Title will be there which you will have to fill with the name you like.
- Select settings on twitch dialogue box and see the broadcast preview.
- Make sure you have the Party Chat and Microphone option is enabled. With this, you can even stream the voice of other players and even your own voice to be recorded.
- Now check the settings about the quality of the streaming, now you can even select on getting New Recommendation to get the highest available quality for your connection.
- As your settings get cleared, now press B button to start your broadcasting.
You must have a look at the stream before sending it to the subscribers, as there might be some issues with the mic or your video during the first few times.
After the initial setup, it is always easy for you to start broadcasting your video on Twitch. If in future you get any issue with Twitch, do let us know in the comment section below, we will surely try to help you out on the same.