Google introduced the auto sign-in feature in Chrome version 69, which is quite helpful and easy to log in the Google related services such as Gmail and others. It is a pretty handy feature but however, some people feel it is quite annoying. Once you log in with any Google service in a browser, it automatically sign-in the other services when you open their webpages.
This feature is not advisable when you are using a friend computer or the sharing the others browser temporarily. Many people who are using net cafe computers and other PC’s or laptops are opting to disable Google Chrome “auto-sing in” feature.
After getting several feedbacks from Chrome users, thankfully Google has disabled the auto-sign in feature. In this article, you will know how to turn off Chrome auto sign-in.
To disable the Chrome auto-sign in feature you need to upgrade your Chrome browser version 70 or above. Since the feature is available in version 69 and disabled in version 70, you need to update 70 or newer version.
Find out the Google Chrome version
To check which Google Chrome version you are using, follow the below procedure.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the menu icon on the top right corner of the window.
- Here you will see an option called “About Google Chrome” and click on it. In some versions, it is found under the Help option.
- It opens an about page of Google Chrome with details.
- Here you will find the Google Chrome version number.
How to Turn Off Google Chrome Auto Sign-In feature
Once you find the Google Chrome version, update to the newer version if required. To disable the auto-sign in feature, follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Now click on the three-dot menus at the top right corner of the window.
- Here open Settings option.
- Now scroll down then click on Advanced to expand the options.
- Here toggle “Allow Chrome sign-in” option.
- Now a pop-up appears and asks to confirm you want to “Turn off sync and personalization?”
Note that the auto-sign in option is enabled by default when you start using the Google Chrome first time. The option needs to manually turn it off if you do not want the feature.
The above steps are worked fine for me to disable the Chrome auto sign-in feature. However, turning off this feature also disables the syncing of all your Google related setting including browsing history, bookmarks, and other Google-related important personal settings. If you want to turn on the feature, just toggle the “Allow sign-in” feature in the Chrome settings.