The PDF format is the most widely used format for documents. It is a regular format to use important documents including bank transactions and other personal information related files. If you want to protect a PDF file, there are several ways available to password protect a PDF file.
Password protection to a file is necessary for securing the file from others. If you want to save some important and secret PDF file on your computer or you are planning to send it over email, the password protection is the best thing to secure the file.
Some PDF readers and editors have the ability to set a password to a file. Setting a password to a PDF is a pretty simple process for both Windows and Mac platforms. In this article, we will know the list of available tools to password protect a PDF file easily.
1. PDFMate PDF Converter
Here we are using the PDFMate PDF Converter program to password protect a PDF file.
- Open PDFMate PDF Converter and choose the “Add PDF” option at the top of the UI.
- Here, select the PDF file you want open.
- Once you choose PDF it will add into the queue. Now choose PDF from the bottom of the program.
- Select Advanced Settings at the top right corner of the program.
- In the PDF tab, check the option called “open password“.
- Now type the password you want to set to the PDF file and choose ok to save the selection.
- Select “Output Folder” at the bottom of the program and then choose the location where the password-protected PDF file to be saved.
- Now click on the “Convert” button to make PDFMate PDF Converter to save the PDF with a password.
That’s it. Now you have a password-protected PDF file saved on your PC or Mac. You can use Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word programs alternatively to password protect a PDF file.