An update is a process to bring fixes and compatible versions from the manufacturer to sync with your Windows machine. These updates are necessary to maintain functionality up to date. When Microsoft releases a major update, many printer manufacturers release their updates compatible with the Windows version.
Updating drivers is a regular process and everyone should do whenever the update is available. In some cases, the driver update process becomes tedious and it will get some errors during the installation. It is the most common situation during driver update if the driver version mismatches with the latest Windows update. However, there are fixes for these types of issues. Here are the best fixes to printer driver update problem in Windows 10.
How to fix printer driver update problem in Windows 10
Manually updating the driver in Windows 10.
- Open run box by pressing Windows key+R on your keyboard together.
- Here, type devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button on the keyboard to open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, right-click on Printers and click on Properties.
- In the Printer Properties click on the Settings tab and click on Devices and Printers Folder.
- Here, you will see the list of available printers on your Windows 10 machine.
- Now right-click on the printer you want to update its driver.
- This will open Printer properties and here click on the Hardware tab and next Properties.
- Now you will see a Driver tab in the Properties and here click on Update Driver option.
If any driver update is available you will see the “Update Driver” button activated. In the above screenshot, there is no new driver update is available and the option is not clickable. By following the above procedure, you can update your Printer driver manually.
We already covered several Printer related topics like printer offline problem in windows 10, fixing configuration 0x8007007e error and many more. If you are facing any printer related issues visit thetechhacker and search for keyword “Printer“.
Let us know your feedback in the comment box below.