There are lots of scanners and printers that we use these days. But, if you are an HP printer and scanner. There is a possibility that you might have faced error 0x8007007e on your computer. This is a very common error that often occurs with HP printers and Scanners. However, this is a minor problem. We can correct this error.
This error mainly occurs while scanning and printing from web browsers like Chrome or Firefox, etc. If you are facing errors like “Scan Failed with error 0x8007007e” or “Unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e”.
How to fix your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e
This particular error can occur if you are not using the latest drivers for the printer. Another possible reason for the error can be faulty updates. Furthermore, you might have shut down your PC while updating the drivers. Also, when you get the latest Windows updates from Microsoft. So, there is a possibility that the drivers for the Printer are not installed properly.
Steps to fix Unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e:
There are various methods you can try to fix the 0x8007007e problem.
- Check if you are using the latest version. If not, update the Windows to the latest version.
- Update the HP printer drivers.
- Try to Run the HP Printer troubleshooter.
- You can download HP scan and doctor which will fix the problems if other methods are not successful.
- If updating the drivers don’t work for you, you can try to re-install the HP printer.
- Go to Control Panel, and try to restart Print Spooler Service.
- Another method that you can try. In the printer folder, delete the Spool files. (%windir%\system32\spool\PRINTERS)
To access the Print spooler service, follow the below steps.
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Stop.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Start.
We hope that you have found this article helpful and your problem is now fixed. If you liked the article, please share it with your friends and family. And, share on social media as well. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.