One thing that we have seen over the years is that even though we have many ways to store things digitally, many people prefer the good-old hard copies as they feel a personal touch with them. Talking about physical copies, we know that there are many who take out prints of their emails too.
There are various reasons as to why you want to take a hard copy of your email. This might be because the email has a document which you want to sign. Also, you might want to take a backup of your email just in case it gets deleted or lost in your inbox folder.
Thankfully, we have many ways to print an email or an attachment from Outlook or Outlook.com and we are going to tell you about those methods in detail.
How to take print of your email in Outlook Online
The best thing about Outlook Online is that on Outlook.com, you get a version of your email that is printer-friendly meaning that it is not just a screenshot but rather, it removes all the ads and unwanted stuff out of your print.
So you can send this printer-friendly version of your email for printing and save it as a backup at your office. So here’s how to do it:
- Open the email that you want to print and click on the (⋯) sign at the top which is for “More Commands”.
- From the list of options, select “Print” and you will see a new window open with the email formatted for printing.
- Once you are happy with your print layout, select “Print”.
- Inside the Printer dialogue box, you can also select how to print your email, how many pages you want to print as well as its layout and orientation along with the number of copies that you want to print.
- Select “Print” once everything is done and you have just created a hard copy of your email.
Now, we understand that you might be using Outlook’s Desktop app and not the online version which is at Outlook.com. So not to worry as we have covered the steps for printing an email from Outlook for Desktop too.
How to print an email from Outlook for Desktop
- Same as on Outlook.com, you need to open the email you want to print on Outlook’s desktop client as well.
- Once the email is opened, go to File > Print and press Ctrl+P on Windows or ⌘+P on a Mac.
- Select Print to print your email.
- You can also select Print options and choose from additional options if you want to tinker with your layout.
- Now, select the number of pages to print and setup page selection and then select “Print”.
- That’s it, you have just printed your email on Outlook’s desktop client.
Now, there is no reason why the above methods will not work but anything can happen so it is better to know about an additional method for printing emails on Outlook.
Alternate methods to print attachments in Outlook
- If you have an email with an attachment, open it in a separate window
- Now, right-click on the attachment and select “Quick Print” from the options.
- You can also see an option for “Quick Print” from the Attachments section of Outlook which you can also choose.
- This will print your attachments on the default printer which you have set previously.
That’s it, here are all the various methods with which you can print your emails and also the attachments. If you are getting any error in printing your emails on Outlook, let us know in the comments and we will try to help you in the best possible manner.