How to Record Video on Your Mac: Recording video on your Mac is a pretty simple process. Whether you want to capture beautiful video playing on the screen or want to record a webinar or an online video tutorial.
The process of capturing screen on Mac easy like never before. In this article, you will know several ways to record video on your Mac screen.
1. Recording video on Mac using QuickTime
QuickTime player is a built-in application to watch and record videos on the Mac.
- Open QuickTime player from the application folder.
- After opening, click on the File menu.
- Here you will see several options in the drop-down menu.
- Now click on either New Movie Recording or New Screen Recording option in the menu.
- After choosing either of these options, the QuickTime control panel will appear.
- Here, to start recording a video, click on the button with the red dot.
- For finishing the recording, click the same button again.
If you want to trim your recording or want to add some text or special effects you can use iMovie app.
2. Recording using the iMovie app
Apart from video editing, you can use the iMovie app for recording also.
- Open iMovie from the Applications folder.
- Click the Import button.
- Select the Camera you want to use.
- Select the Event you want the video to be added to.
- To begin recording your video, click Record, and click it again to stop.
- Close the video window when you’re done recording.
3. Using TechsmithCamtasia
Camtasia is a great program to capture the screen of Mac. The application is a paid program and it offers up to 14 days for trial. It is a program with capturing and editing capabilities to create a great video from the recordings.
The user-interface of the Camtasia looks like a professional video editor and it has plenty of features to enhance quality and audio effects to the recording.
After installing the application on your Mac, open it and click on the red dot capture button to record your Mac screen.
That’s it. I hope you liked the article. Please leave your valuable suggestions in the comment box below.