WhatsApp is a more popular, reliable, and secure platform to make calls. So, many business owners, employees, journalists, and even regular individuals prefer making calls on WhatsApp. To archive the communication and store information passed over calls for record purposes, you have to find a way to record the messages. You may have found it quite easy to record traditional calls on your phone despite the restrictions on both iPhone and Androids. However, it is not that simple to record your WhatsApp calls. Since there is no default call recording feature, so you have to find new ways to record your calls. Here’s what we found.
1. Recording using Third-Party Applications
This is one of the most popular ways people record their WhatsApp calls. There are various applications available in the store. However, none of these applications are endorsed by WhatsApp. So, you’ll find hundreds of applications that claim to give you high-quality WhatsApp call recordings, but many of them don’t work as described. You’ll have to find high-quality applications.
To help you, we’ve picked out two fantastic third-party call recorder apps –
This app doesn’t work on all Android devices, but you should try it to see if it works on yours. It also works on multiple platforms due to the VoIP recording features. To use this app,
- Install Cube Call Recorder on your mobile device.
- Open the app and switch to WhatsApp.
- Search for the contact you want to talk to and make your phone call.
- Check for the light from the Cube Call widget. If it’s there, then your call is recording.
- If you see an error, open the Cube Call Recorder settings and click on Force VoIP call as voice call.
- Dial the number again.
- If you don’t still see the widget light, it means you cannot use this app on your phone.
This app records both your incoming and outgoing WhatsApp calls. With it, you can be sure that automatically record your phone whenever you receive a call on the app. Apart from saving the file to your phone or SD card in MP3 format, this app also allows you to easily share the recording to your social media channels. You can also directly add your recording as an attachment and send it via email. Here’s how to get this call recorder working on your phone.
- Download Real Call Recorder on your phone.
- Install the app and open it.
- Select WhatsApp and activate recording.
Now, you can automatically record every WhatsApp call you make. If you want to view and save your recordings, you can find them under the Recording list on your Real Call Recorder app.
Most of the applications you can use to record WhatsApp calls also work on other platforms like Facebook, and Skype. But you’ll also find some good applications like Call Recorder for WhatsApp that works only on WhatsApp. After calling, many apps will allow you to save your file in an MP3 format, but some provide you with multiple file formats. When companies use this method to record their calls, they still need to manually transfer their files to a secure location (e.g. Google Drive) because you can only store your recordings in phone storage.
2. Recording by Rooting Your Phone
Another option for Android users to record WhatsApp calls is by rooting your device. This is not the best option for us, and we don’t recommend it. But people do it. Rooting your phone compromises its security and you may stop getting manufacturer’s updates on your device. After rooting your phone, download and install the SCR Screen Recording app. If this works on your phone, then you can use it to screen record when making your call. It uses hacks and APIs that do not work on every phone. Moreover, before you use this method, know that if you fail to root your device successfully, it may become unusable.
3. Recording Using Another Phone
This isn’t the most practical method of recording your WhatsApp calls, especially if you are recording business calls. This cheap method will only leave you with bad recordings that you may barely hear. But if you have two phones, and you can’t install a call recording app on your device, you can use this method. To record your calls, place the primary phone on loudspeaker mode and go to a quiet place. Place the second phone close by, so your recording can be as clear and loud as possible.
4. Recording on Android/iPhone using Mac and iPhone
This is another very easy way to record your WhatsApp calls. Good thing is that it works for both Android and iPhones. You cannot use your iPhone as the primary device, so you have to get another phone that has your WhatsApp account and can make WhatsApp group voice calls. Here’s how you activate WhatsApp call recording on these phones:
- Connect the iPhone to your Mac device with the lightning cable.
- If you’re connecting these two devices for the first time, click on Trust this computer on your iPhone.
- Find QuickTime on the Mac and open it.
- Select New Audio Recording under the File option.
- Select iPhone from the options next to the record button.
- Click on Record.
- Using your iPhone, call your phone (the primary device) via WhatsApp.
- Once the phones are connected, tap the user icon and choose the person you want to talk to. It’s like a three-way conversation.
- When the call is complete, disconnect the phones and stop the recording.
- Save your recording on the Mac.
The person you’re recording on your phone will see that you’re on a group call. So, there’s no hiding the fact that you’re recording the conversation when using this method. When recording your calls, it is unethical to secretly record the conversation without the other party knowing. So, irrespective of the method you’re using to record the calls, let them know you’re saving the conversation.