If you’re a gamer, Steam needs no introduction. For uninitiated, Steam is a digital video game distribution software developed by Valve, the popular American game developer. However, Steam is much more than a mere game distribution software where you can play AAA titles like Cyberpunk 2077, Dota 2, Football Manager 2021, and many more.
It serves as a social media platform designed exclusively for gamers. Much like any other social media portal, Steam also offers you functionalities like chatting with your gamer friends, playing together, friend lists and groups. You can invite your friends
However, the social media touch of Steam could be over-friendly when you want to play your favorite titles alone, bereft of your friends. This is where you’d want to appear offline on Steam.
If you’re looking forward to steps to appear offline on Steam, we’ve enlisted two easy methods for the same. By following the below given steps, you can play on Steam without appearing ‘Active’ on the Steam platform. The Steam offline feature could help in a situation where you want to enjoy your guilty pleasure gaming titles without letting your friends know that you are active on Steam.
Before we delve into steps to go invisible on Steam, here’s something you should know. The below mentioned method to appear offline on Steam should not be confused with “Offline mode” which is another feature that disconnects your Steam app from the internet. According to Steam, “Offline mode” is intended to be used when you are about to unplug your laptop, or are otherwise expecting to not be connected to the internet. Other features such as Friends the Server Browser will not be available while offline. Only games that are fully up to date will be available.
Appear Offline On Steam [Go invisible on Steam in easy methods]
- Launch Steam and click on Friends tab on the top of the window. If you are using a Mac device, this option will appear in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Under the Friends tab, choose Offline from the list of options available including “online,”
“away”, “looking to play”, “looking to trade” and more.
- Once you have selected the Offline option, your Steam profile will appear offline to your friends on the app and to strangers trying to connect to you. If your internet is slow, the process to appear offline on Steam could take some time but eventually it will work.
To appear online again, you can go to the Friends tab again and choose the ‘Online’ option.
Appear Offline On Steam FAQs
1. Can you be invisible on Steam?
Yes, there is an option to be invisible on Steam. To appear offline, go to Friends tab on the top of the screen and select offline option from there.
2. Why do I appear offline on Steam?
If you’re appearing offline on Steam, there are chances that your PC is not connected to the internet. Otherwise, you can go to Friends tab and check your status under it.
3. How do I change my Online status on Steam?
To change your Online status on Steam, go to Friends tab available on the top of the screen and choose offline option from there.
4. How do I turn off Offline mode on Steam?
To turn off Offline mode on Steam, visit the Account tab on the top of the screen and choose “Go Online” option. By choosing this option you will exit the Offline mode on Steam.