In certain situations, you may be required to clear the search history on your Windows 10 OS. Whether it is to make the Windows 10 search faster or for some other reason, clearing it or completely disabling it is very easy. You can follow the steps we mentioned in this guide to clear the search history on your Windows 10 OS as well as the searches you made in Bing as part of the Windows 10 search bar.
Keep in mind that, once you follow the steps below, you won’t be able to recover the search history. So, only do that if you no longer need the history to be stored on your PC.
To Clear Windows 10 Search History
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the Search option.
- On the left side, navigate to the Permissions and History tab.
- Click the Clear my device history button to clear your Windows 10 search history.
Now, that’s enough to clear the search history inside your OS. But what about the searches you made on the search bar which took you to Bing? If Windows cannot find the answer to the question you typed in the search bar, it will usually provide you a set of links from Bing. So, you might have searched that on the internet as well. To clear this history, from the same screen above, follow these additional steps.
- Click on the Search history settings link at the bottom. It will take you to the Microsoft Edge browser.
- On the right side, you can click on the Clear all button to clear all of your Bing history as well.
As soon as you do that, almost all of the searches you made in Windows 10 will be erased.
Note that, from the same settings screen, you can also control a lot of additional parts of the searches you make. For example, toggling the My search history will prevent Windows from storing your search history. So, you do not have to clear them manually every time.