Microsoft has said that the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will no longer be supported starting on June 15, 2022, for all compatible operating systems. If you continue to use Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft won’t offer any updates or security patches. Change to Microsoft Edge immediately.
Microsoft implemented the compatibility view settings in the Edge browser to make it backward compatible with the millions of older websites created for Internet Explorer. Therefore, read the post through to the conclusion if you have any questions about how to use this Edge feature.
Utilize Edge’s compatibility view settings: Only once
This feature can occasionally be used for well-known older websites, including intranet portals. As follows:
- Enter a dating website or legacy intranet portal that only works properly in Internet Explorer.
- To access the Settings and more menu, click on the kebab menu icon in the top right corner of Edge. Alternatively, you can press Alt and F at the same time.
- In Internet Explorer mode, the right-side navigation pane contains a Reload option. Simply click it.
- the website in IE or Edge compatibility mode, then refreshing and reloading it.
- Additionally, the IE logo may be found in the address bar of Edge to the left of the padlock symbol for website addresses.
- A dialogue box can provide the choice to remain to access the website in compatibility view settings for the ensuing 30 days.
Reload in Internet Explorer mode won’t appear until you enable it by utilizing the third method described in this article.
Utilize Edge’s compatibility view settings: Use Whenever
To save time, you may also program the Edge browser to access specific websites often using compatible settings.
Do the following:
- Use Alt+F to access Settings and more. Click the cogwheel icon in the right-side navigation bar to get to Settings from there.
- The left navigation pane contains the option for the default browser. Simply click it.
- Check out the pages right away in Internet Explorer mode.
- In the compatibility view, jot down the website addresses you want to visit, then click the Add button.
- Click the Add button once more to save the preferences list.
Use the Edge’s Compatibility View settings to enable it
To use the compatibility view settings, you must first activate the feature by carrying out the following actions:
- On a computer running Windows 10 or Windows 11, launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Press Alt+F to open the right-side navigation box, then pick Settings.
- Choose the Default browser menu from the left-side panel.
- The right-side navigation pane will have a selection for “Internet Explorer mode.” Simply click it.
- A drop-down menu is included. Click it, then select Allow to save the changes.
- Close or restart the browser to activate the Edge compatibility view options.
You can utilize any of the aforementioned techniques to visit older websites that only support Internet Explorer after switching your online research and development work to the Microsoft Edge web browser. Edge’s compatibility view settings will manage the rendering of web pages quickly and seamlessly.